• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any cures from the dreaded hesitation or bog?

2dedge

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2011
2014 freeride fresh motor, updates supposedly done, timing bumped 1 degree, oil pump turned up 1 setting, ran back through break in, new fuel filter, fuel pressure verified as good holds 45 psi even when running poorly, 2 new sets of plugs also.

Hold it wide open and try to make a climb and it will bog and fall on its face, rpms drop to 7000 for a few moments then it starts pulling again, but your usually stuck by then.

Run it down the trail and it pulls to 8000 runs great, if you let off and get back into it and it coughs and farts around 6800/7000, if you keep holding it wide open it will sometimes clean out and pull to 8000. If you let off and rpms go back down to 4K it will pull to redline like crazy again.

It is not throwing any codes I had the dealer scan it, it’s not hitting the rev limiter.

I did find one post that said “loose ground wire for the oil pump feedback switch”
Was one guys cause but what is the oil pump feedback switch?

Any other cures?

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Been through your clutches? I get pretty bad hesitation if the motor isn't loaded heavily, like from hanging fly weight, sticking movable sheave, or even insufficient pin weight.

S

swovay696

Mar 1, 2008
mn
Stator! 12'-13´ etec. It's not if, it's when. Sounds like common symptoms I had, buddy had, and what I've read on other forums. Google it

B

BC_mtn_rider

Nov 11, 2012
Surrey B.C.
My 15 T3 bogs now only when pulling a hill or under load. Once she hits around 55-6000 she bogs right down. Rips totally normal on the flats & trails. Had the FPR done under warranty, put new plugs in & fuel filter. Still falling on its face. Checked Reeds & Rave Valves & gonna try another Can. Also, its not throwing any codes. So frustrating.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Fuel pressure regulator loose? Load the clutches harder (try clicking down to see if it helps or eliminates), Raves as mentioned, try stock exhaust if it is not already. All of the above can induce a bog/hesitation.

B

BC_mtn_rider

Nov 11, 2012
Surrey B.C.
Through process of elimination & over $700 spent the only thing left is my fuel pick up or fuel pump. My guess is the pick-up.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
My 15 T3 bogs now only when pulling a hill or under load. Once she hits around 55-6000 she bogs right down. Rips totally normal on the flats & trails. Had the FPR done under warranty, put new plugs in & fuel filter. Still falling on its face. Checked Reeds & Rave Valves & gonna try another Can. Also, its not throwing any codes. So frustrating.
Have a peak at your secondary rollers.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Premium Features