• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

It's amazing what can be found laying around... 2016 880 E-tec perhaps?

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Lemme guess your one of those guys that drinks those chris brandt smoothies!!

Oh please... I love this time of year when all the ultragulibles come out of the woodwork. You really think there is a easy 20 more hp in the 800 just waiting to be uncorked??? This right up there with every 1000 and factory 2 stroke turdo fable that rears its dim head every year. There will be squat for new stuff , ill be surprised to see a 154 t3 if anything.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
IF doo doesn't release a 180ish motor, they better drop some weight, like 30ish lbs, otherwise, Poo will eat them alive next year in sales...JMHO..m

Ace

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
IF doo doesn't release a 180ish motor, they better drop some weight, like 30ish lbs, otherwise, Poo will eat them alive next year in sales...JMHO..m

Ace

I think you're right. Especially in the age of instant gratification. If you don't have the newest, lightest, bestest toy on the block you aren't happy.

Not really but you think you would be happier with something else. I think they absolutely have to have something noteworthy or just concede the sales loss to Polaris. Maybe take the hit this year and next year will be Ski-doo or Cat's year. I have not seen Chevy and Ford come out with new truck designs in the same year. Coincidence? I don't think so.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
To continue the speculation......I was at my local Doo dealer last night and two of his shop minions were talking about a T3 Freeride being offered this year and how they were just waiting to see what color it came in?????

It just never ends............:face-icon-small-dis

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I think you're right. Especially in the age of instant gratification. If you don't have the newest, lightest, bestest toy on the block you aren't happy.

Not really but you think you would be happier with something else. I think they absolutely have to have something noteworthy or just concede the sales loss to Polaris. Maybe take the hit this year and next year will be Ski-doo or Cat's year. I have not seen Chevy and Ford come out with new truck designs in the same year. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Agreed....I think it would be surprising and kinda dumb to release full re-designs in the same year. Neither manufacturer would get the most "bang-for-the-buck" out of their new product release. You would basically just "split the vote" for the buyers who are not brand loyal, and want the newest thing each year. Whereas if you released in different years, you could get a much larger portion of those buyers.

Like you say, the auto-world seems to avoid it, and they have a LOT more money and a LOT more smarts than the sled world.

E

EZ Ryder

Nov 17, 2013
I sure hope there are some important refinements done at least for 2016 on the xm chassis. Just don't want to see the trail sleds get something really cool and short change the mountain sleds. probably wont happen as the mountain market seems to be the most competitive, come on ski-doo:eyebrows:.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
I don't see a "game changer" coming out this year for Ski Doo, that happened last year with the T-3. I doubt that we will even see new colors but possibly some BNG's and maybe some new accessories.

Hope I'm wrong though.

T

TABLEROCK

Nov 27, 2007
In Da Minnesooota
Somthing needs to change to keep us buying

My money is on more HP then a new lighter chassis in a year or two but not both at the same time. The T3 will find its way into other models and track lengths.:face-icon-small-dis

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
T3 will be the new Summit, except for SP models. Maybe they will give us the lightweight exhaust that they stole from us last year.
Light weight and simplicity, reducing the crazy amounts of parts that they currently use. (All the bracketry, small stuff, that all adds up.) I was told that this was going to happen over the next couple of years by someone in the know who is a BRP employee.
Like comparing a pre-2014 Seadoo to a Splash. Lighter weight, easier to work on, more fun factor.

Premium Features