• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Install and Review: Superclamp Superglides II Pro

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
then we began laying down the sections where we wanted them to live and bolting them into place.
picture.php

Both the Edge Trim and the SuperGlide itself are HIGHLY FLEXABLE!
This became very important as we had to bolt it down crossing over the transition angle from the rear ramp area into the flat center section of the trailer. Might not be super visible in this photo, but you can see all of the extra screws we put in place to make sure the "Bent" section of both the Trim and the SuperGlide stayed put over the "hump" in the trailer.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Continuing along the length of the trailer when we came to the wheel well we trimed both the Edge Trim and SuperGlide to the proper length and droped in the next section. Both the Edge Trim and the SuperGlides were VERY EASY to trim using a Jigsaw.
picture.php

picture.php

It should be noted that the Mirage Trailer comes PRE-EQUIPPED with a set of glides that cover the wheel wells.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
After measuring our 4 sleds for width between the skags on each of the sleds and from the outer edge of the skies, we determined the proper offset from the trailer wall and were able to use a simple construction ruler to keep our side spacing correct. Simple and fast!

Could just as easily laid down a chalk like or used a grease pencil.
picture.php

picture.php

Trailer decorations!
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is as far as we got on phase 2.
Track is laid from the rear ramp forward to the edge of the nosecone.
Next step will be to lay down the 45 degree angle "Turn" from straight to the exit ramp in the front.

Hope to get that done this week.

picture.php

Now a couple NOTES.

NOTE!
All of the SuperGlides are FREE FLOATING inside of the Edge Trim.
That means I can push at one end of the trailer and 28ft away ALL of the glides move!

The glides MUST be bolted down in place at both ends to secure them from moving!

Silly me.
We didn't do that right away not knowing just how easily the glides could move. Drove a sled into the trailer, caught the glide and SHOT it out the other end!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Live and Learn.
But the nice thing is that that allows for the natural expansion and contraction of the plastic guides from changes in temp.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
picture.php

picture.php

This picture shows just how much free play the glides have when they are unsecured in the Edge Trim.
Once the screws go down at the front and back of the Edge Trim they will be more or less locked into position for the duration.
We have not done that YET as we are not sure where the final trim line will be at the front to match up with the 45 Degree left turn to get to the exit ramp.
picture.php

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Place each section of glide where you want it, with the recommended spacing at the ends, and then run a screw at a 45deg angle through the aluminum track into the glide near the centre. This will lock it in position.

D

dclancey

Dec 21, 2008
Mead, CO
Supperglides II install and Review

Excellent post, why don't more manufacturers post video or picture installs of their products like this. I just went through this with my new ATC trailer and with the help of posts like this, I was able to install my slides in my trailer without screwing them up too badly. I wish I would have used a different model with the extra traction on my trailer, (used a different brand). Thanks for all of your great information.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The problem with projects in the middle of riding season is that they can take time away from riding!

Grrr

S
Sep 7, 2015
Great write up on the install. How are the glides on the ramp holding up with the tracks running on them? Are your tracks studded? Want to put the glides on a 6 foot wide trailer but was worried the studs would tear them apart.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Great write up on the install. How are the glides on the ramp holding up with the tracks running on them? Are your tracks studded? Want to put the glides on a 6 foot wide trailer but was worried the studs would tear them apart.

They are LIKE NEW.
They hold up VERY VERY WELL.

My tracks are NOT studded though.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You never finished your post. How does the 45 degree angle look? how did you do it? I have very similar trailer

if I recall from 5 years ago the season caught up with us and we never laid the last piece of track to make the 45 degree turn.

While I think it would have looked more finished, functionally it just didn't make a huge difference.

It was time to go sledding!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features