• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

jetting a 488 with pods

R
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeangelas
so i just order my pods for the sled the other day. theres no way im going to use my existing airbox, it just wont work. its a polaris 488 and polaris say stock 180s for my temp. ive heard that polaris's guidlines are quite rich. any suggestions on what i should do with k and n pods?

mesh hood will be made asap...

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
are you mod'n out a 488 supersport? i want to see some pics when your done... that was one of my first ever sleds..... as far as jetting polaris is often rich but i would strart close to their recomendations and then run it, and rejet if needed....

R
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeangelas
installed a 96 488 into a 94 indy lite chassis, motor fits in like a glove, weighs in really low. :D will post pics when i finish it, all i need to do is run carb lines and put on the pods

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
I ran 350's in my fanner, but I had 38mm carbs and twins, and, well lets just say it wasn't stock.

I ran K&N's on it for a while, ended up putting the airbox back on, I didn't need to change jets at all though.

Last edited:
S
Dec 11, 2007
Anoka MN
i would up your carb size to 38s it makes a big diff. all you need is new carb flanges, the flanges you need to do it should be off a indy 500. let me know if you want contact info. i belive they are about $15 bucks a side. You can pick up used carbs pretty cheep. but if you do make the switch you have to change the jetting and increase your injector little bit

R
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeangelas
im using everything off of the 500, carbs, fuel pump, ign box, etc, the only thing that isnt stock was the pipe but my 340 pipe was 6 inches longer and the same diameter as the 488 pipe so i figure i should be ok there. otherwise everything else i said fit like a glove. my pops is making me put a teather on it cause slp said i should have one.... more money into sledding for safety... 300 for transeiver... 100 for probe... and 70 for shovel... anyone wanna buy a snowboard???

S
Dec 11, 2007
Anoka MN
im using everything off of the 500, carbs, fuel pump, ign box, etc, the only thing that isnt stock was the pipe but my 340 pipe was 6 inches longer and the same diameter as the 488 pipe so i figure i should be ok there. otherwise everything else i said fit like a glove. my pops is making me put a teather on it cause slp said i should have one.... more money into sledding for safety... 300 for transeiver... 100 for probe... and 70 for shovel... anyone wanna buy a snowboard???

what pipe are you running?

R
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeangelas
sled is at my parens house so no pics. no modifications to the hood, it sits on the left spark plug but still latches down. will take pics when i go to my parents house to pick it up and finish it.

Premium Features