• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TUNNEL BRACING KIT FROM FTX... EASY INSTALL... BEST TO DO IT BEFORE YOU KINK A TUNNEL

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Guess im removing and trimming my foot well vents....
d8edbab9c4fb8d3963712e7678006ddc.jpg

#canadastrong

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
Going to install my FTX kit today and was wondering for a guy without a lift is it easier to roll on the side or use rope/rafters and get the track in the air?

Any info helps!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
30df1a5d40b1c79d73369f2d9ef07060.jpg
b9580be26dfbd5e4d4b2a45a5bc75315.jpg

Installed.

Didnt think i could install during my sons nap but did. Hardest part was lining up suspension for bolts. Used strap to align above hole but finally used a pry bar to push arm down. Bingo.

Confused with big head rivets but i re read this thread and boom, optional replacements.

Re installed foot well vents after, had to shave them down a bit.

#canadastrong

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
CMX. Drive

Does anybody have a CMX belt drive who has put on a tunnel support Oh yea mine is dropped and rolled

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I've seen quite a few sleds lateliy that are bent in the footwell. All are kicking themselves for not doing the preventitive braces

M
Sep 17, 2012
I got this kit installed, and it is strong. but i wish they would extend the bracing all the way to the bulkhead on the Clutch side, because that's where i got my buckle now. Between the bulkhead and the Drive shaft mount it got a minor buckle.

20150103_174933[1].jpg

Lomark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2012
Western Washington
Fastrax

Picked one up from Curt last week. Install took a couple hours since I had to remove battery and battery box. Be careful drill bit is real soft and bends easily. Just straighten it and get back to work. Still piece of cake!
Give them a call;
Fastrax 253-848-0908

W

westhawk39

Dec 7, 2011
Whiteshell MB
Just ordered mine for my standard RMK. Never had problems with my 2 previous SBA but after reading this thread I had to lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Aug 22, 2015
Brooklyn, WI
what all do you have to take off? I just picked a 13 up with 200 miles on it and the rear corner has a small bend on the lip by bumper. so I might have to invest into this but I don't want to tear it all the way down

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've received a few emails about this stuff...so I thought I'd put it up.

I just spoke to FasTrax... they have these in stock... but only about 6 left... more on the way in a few weeks.

He'll be at the Puyallup show with these he said.

I'm putting 2 kits on for friends this weekend on some new holdover 2015 Pro's. Along with the Z-Broz KISS couplers and the FNI/KMOD rear tunnel bracing.

As I've said before, these kits, IMO, I would consider as "mandatory" on any kinked tunnel repair I do... in addition to the repair plates as this FTX kit ties everything together in a way that the repair plates alone do not.

Vanamburg, Fire N Ice, Vohk, and some others make those repair plates for the sleds.

And before anyone asks or thinks "ill" ... I pay full price for all of this stuff and I'm just trying to be helpful here.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Next month... a friend of mine is bringing his sled to my shop to have his tunnel repaired from a small rock hit last season.

I'll be installing VE's biggest plates ALONG with the FXT kit...and the KMOD 37" front suspension, steel driveshaft (his QD aluminum shaft is broken now)... new jack/driveshaft bearings, more cross shaft braces in the rear skid, a TKI gearing set, 2.6" track (his is torn up), with 7 tooth Avid drivers and Ice Age bomber rails trimmed for the drivers, with the Assault bend at the front (I wont be installing anti stab kit with these rails). Of course his rear skid will be torn down, cleaned, lubed and any worn items replaced.... He's also getting new BM-Fab EVO front bumper for both his sleds.

The VE plates will help with the repair of the wrinkles and the ruined stock plates...

The FTX kit will hold all of this together in a way that the plates alone will not do.

I will also be installing the FTX kit, alone, on his wife's 600-155" Pro to help keep it from doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Premium Features