• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Polaris Pro rumors

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Has anyone heard anything? Im smelling a big change. Big rebates right now usually a sign of a major change. Wondering if there are any rumors yet

Ski doo had big rebates and big rumors when the xm came out. We all know what a HUGE deal that was!!
Flexi track!!!!!

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Has anyone heard anything? Im smelling a big change. Big rebates right now usually a sign of a major change. Wondering if there are any rumors yet

Thread on this over in the Pro-Ride section... some guys over there were hinting at big changes. I don't know how big, but my money is on something bigger than the changes they made from '13 to '14... Rumors kind of sounded like a new chassis may be in the works... Personally, give the market a better motor with a few more HP and don't touch the chassis. That's what got them to where they are today...

Joe

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Every year since 2011 the rumor has been more power, bigger engine. I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe this is finally the year but I think its less about rumors and more about wishful thinking. Not only that but which one of you poo faithful really want to be lab rats on a new more powerful 800 or worse yet another 900?

And come on the big rebates are because there was definitely some pull back on the 14's after the 13's had as many drive line problems as they did.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Don't forget the built in cooking chamber in the "lightweight" muffler.

Ya know........

For the hard core riders!

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Yup, went with a new 14 and will for sure skip the first 1-2 years of a new engine design if they go that way....

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
2016 will come with the "Flux Capacitor" so they can travel back in time and release a reliable 800. ha ha...

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
The market place is a battle field and right now the Ski Doo Summit XM is selling better than the Pro. So it makes sense for Polaris to offer an incentive to move the unsold inventory.

Just the facts.

:typing:

Last edited:
S
Oct 5, 2008
Okanagan
Doo came out with the 4 year warranty, and the sled to beat in the last 2 years, polaris sales are slumping hence the incentives, there going to have to come out with something really specially to compete with that 4 year warranty, 165hp and fit and finish of the doo but if they do come out with something to rival and are willing to back it for 4 years like skidoo ill give it a shot and try it, its getting to the point now where we are riding we hardly see any polaris sleds and all doos so I would take a chance on being the guy on one just to be different.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
4 year warranty or 10 year warranty really don't mean squat unless you have a local dealer that you can rely on and trust! There are ALOT of sh!ty dealerships for every brand. Right now in gillette. The arctic cat dealer is absolute CRAP!! I wouldn't buy a sled from them if it had a 10 year warranty! The Polaris dealer is prolly your best bet for buying a new sled right now. Doo a close second.

It means alot to have a good LOCAL dealer to go to. More than a warranty that I more than likely, won't be able to take full advantage of. Who keeps a sled for 4 years? Not me.

I think this is more of a driving factor of sales than a "said" warranty. People know what dealers suck and wouldn't buy a ski doo from a crap dealer just because of the 4 year warranty. That is unless they could care less if their sled sat in a dirty unorganized shop for most or all of the season for a stupid warranty claim.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
That said. Good dealers drive the sales of sleds. If their reputation goes down in a area, so does that brands snowmobile sales.

You pull up to a popular riding area and see license plates from Idaho to Minnesota and everywhere in between. It's equally full of every brand.

Premium Features