• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK's Hot Air Eliminator AKA "THE BLOWHOLE"

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
We have been using the Hot Air Eliminator AKA "THE Blowhole" from MTNTK for a year now and found that it is awesome not only does it keep your belt cool and clutches ect... It defogs your goggles in seconds. There is nothing I hate more than fogging up. The Blowhole is the best form of venting there is in deep powder. Check out the video.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=mtntk%20blowhole#/watch?v=42rZu0pbzLs

Here is another thread about info on the Blow Hole

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304170&highlight=blow+hole

Last edited by a moderator:

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
I have one on my 11 Pro. Tomorrow afternoon for a short ride in Revelstoke and then really put her to the test over the next five days.
2 days in Revelstoke and 3 more in Pemberton for the Canadian Forum ride.
I post up pictures and results of what I find.
Anyone interested in seeing it in person let me know.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
We have been using the Hot Air Eliminator AKA "THE Blowhole" from MTNTK for a year now and found that it is awesome not only does it keep your belt cool and clutches ect... It defogs your goggles in seconds. There is nothing I hate more than fogging up. The Blowhole is the best form of venting there is in deep powder. Check out the video.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=mtntk blowhole#/watch?v=42rZu0pbzLs

has anyone used one with a turbo and the under hood filter?? If you put a vent in front of the filter one would think the fan would suck cool air in and around the filter.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
I did a similar setup with a marine bilge fan (130cfm) early this season. Had it blow straight down on the primary but...

1. It did ingest snow and caused the motor to ultimately fail. Probably not a problem with this fan being that it isn't under the vent.

2. My dealer was very upset because I cut the 12v supply wire by the reg/capacitor and used bullets to wire the fan in.

So my question is, how does it get its power?

Rt

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
it looks like a good idea but i think i would want a stronger fan. although not sure as they don't say what kind they are using. i would also want an on/off switch. plus when it is really deep, and when you need it most, there can easily be snow covering where the fan is mounted which would limit its effectiveness and potentially burn up the fan. i have a inboard boat blower fan that i was looking to install with the same idea but never got around to it. looks like a really good first attempt but there also looks like there is room for some refinements. so do you have any actually numbers showing how much it lowers belt temps?

pv

C
Apr 22, 2010
This product from MTNTK is awesome. I have been running one on my sled all year. The fan moves about 200 cfm. I have had no problem with the fan plugging up in the powder. The fan is powered by the dc accessory plug in on the clutch cover. The power cord even has the correct plug on it to be connected to the accessory plug. I know of several people running this product on their turbo sleds, with great results. This set up definetely keeps the clutchs cooler and cleaner! Contact Performance Motorsports to purchase one of the Blow Hole kits, that is where mine came from.

F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
Blow Hole

This kit is the best thing on the market for lowering the under hood heat. It pulls out all the heat under the hood so much the hot doggers won't cook. haha!!! FF:beer;:beer;

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
Checked out the web site....even though mine eventually failed, I still like the idea. However, I think its a bit spendy at $279. I also wish it vented out somewhere other than your knee area but that is probably the best spot for the clutches.

S

Super Sled

Jul 10, 2009
Duluth, MN
Does it void your warranty from Polaris ????

One would hope not. But I bet if you started having electrical gremlins not clearly tied to something unrelated they'd blame your issues on something like this in a heartbeat. But this is a great idea IMHO. :face-icon-small-coo

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
IT IS PLUG AND PLAY

Checked out the web site....even though mine eventually failed, I still like the idea. However, I think its a bit spendy at $279. I also wish it vented out somewhere other than your knee area but that is probably the best spot for the clutches.

There are no wires to cut, you simply plug it in the d/c power so you’re not cutting any wires, The exit location by your knee is the best spot for it, many reasons, you don’t have to cut any of your panels,(saves on sled wraps that you also spend $450 on.) It is the best spot for deep powder riding so the snow does not cover it. Best spot to defrost your goggles, It is located in this spot to suck out all belt dust immediately. Also $279 is way less than the $400 vent kits everybody has been installing on their sleds so apples to apples please.
We have not seen any issues, other than it does take twice as long to cook your hot dogs with a hot dogger or muff pot. (2.5 years of testing for MTNTK) because the motor is waterproof, blows 240 cfm, you could drop the BLOWHOLE in a bath tub and it would run. This is a little pricier to build it waterproof, but again we all know how people like to whine about products not working like they should so either spend a little up front get what fixes the issue(ACTIVE VENTING) or whine about a cheap alternative’s not doing the job later, (PASSIVE VENTING) so many choices. Products from MTNTK are built around everybody’s problems with issues that need to be fixed. Go Blow a $180 Polaris belt and then come ask me if $279 is pricey or priceless.
Hope this answers all questions so far

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Great day of riding in Revy.
We didn't have over the hood powder today but we did find some great riding.
Didn't have a problem with anything today. Sled absolutely rocked today. Temps on the guage never got over 136 even running down the icy hard trail this morning. Scratchers down and hotshoeing along down the trail. We did quite a bit of slow tree riding and playing in small areas with sidehilling and working the clutches, slow and hard. So far I am really impressed with how much cooler everything is staying under the hood.
This thing works awesome.

I have never ridden below about 5500 feet. Starting out in town at 1800 feet WOW! the horsepower you have at lower elevation.

T
Feb 28, 2008
How about pipe Heat?? If it takes so much longer to cook hotdogs, how does it affect the pipe?? I know a guy that rides a 2012 and that thing is kind of a slug till the pipe gets hot but when it gets hot holly crap does it run!!!

another thing, is this setup going to be avaliable for IQ chassis??

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
There are no wires to cut, you simply plug it in the d/c power so you’re not cutting any wires, The exit location by your knee is the best spot for it, many reasons, you don’t have to cut any of your panels,(saves on sled wraps that you also spend $450 on.) It is the best spot for deep powder riding so the snow does not cover it. Best spot to defrost your goggles, It is located in this spot to suck out all belt dust immediately. Also $279 is way less than the $400 vent kits everybody has been installing on their sleds so apples to apples please.
We have not seen any issues, other than it does take twice as long to cook your hot dogs with a hot dogger or muff pot. (2.5 years of testing for MTNTK) because the motor is waterproof, blows 240 cfm, you could drop the BLOWHOLE in a bath tub and it would run. This is a little pricier to build it waterproof, but again we all know how people like to whine about products not working like they should so either spend a little up front get what fixes the issue(ACTIVE VENTING) or whine about a cheap alternative’s not doing the job later, (PASSIVE VENTING) so many choices. Products from MTNTK are built around everybody’s problems with issues that need to be fixed. Go Blow a $180 Polaris belt and then come ask me if $279 is pricey or priceless.
Hope this answers all questions so far

Apples to apples I spent $39 for a single SLP vent and have had no belt issues to speak of and I don't ride trail very often and our backyard (Mt Baker) consistently has the deepest snow pack in the CONUS.

Rt

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
How do you not break it on a bombed landing? I demolish my knees at least at couple times a trip....

Premium Features