• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha 2013

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
BIG BUCKS

:wof:I predict a 500lb Nytro with special graphics and upgraded shock package to compliment the factory turbo for 19999.00$ OR maybe a 500lb non turbo with the same features for 16999.00$ OR maybe both if enough people ask their dealers about these specific sleds. I could be wrong though.;)

I
Nov 26, 2007
:wof:I predict a 500lb Nytro with special graphics and upgraded shock package to compliment the factory turbo for 19999.00$ OR maybe a 500lb non turbo with the same features for 16999.00$ OR maybe both if enough people ask their dealers about these specific sleds. I could be wrong though.;)

You're on the right track, but not for 2013.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I am sorry but that would be sad if the turbo sled cost that much. The cat turbo is six grand less but it probably weighs nowhere near five hundred so that part would be nice.

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO

You're on the right track, but not for 2013.
^^^2014? Dang!... Holy Yamamolasses in January Batman! Talk about slow release to market,...at least I have time to save the coin LOL!

I am sorry but that would be sad if the turbo sled cost that much. The cat turbo is six grand less but it probably weighs nowhere near five hundred so that part would be nice.

I bet many(most?) turbo sleds in this weight category exceed the 20g mark, so the ability to purchase one from the factory with a warranty would probably acheive significant sales numbers IMO.

NytroNorm

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Stoon, SK
20gs!? so whats it gonna be in Canada? 25 000!! it better fly for that kinda money.

I can get a left over 2010 from Robertsons for 11000 and have 10-14 to play with, if thats the case.

B
Dec 5, 2010

So you took their survey huh, haha. I wasn't going to mention it but sent you put it out there. Still needs vertical post, smaller plastics, better front end, better skid, taller seat, oh and deliver a true under 500lb sled, not just advertised as such. Will I have one if it comes out, of course I will, am I holding breath haha not with yamaha.

Not to mention it better be more than the nytro motor for 16k, 135hp ain't going to cut it. The turbo version better be 200+ or they are wasting there time. Cat already has a 177hp for 14k so for 20k it would have to destroy the cat to even make it worth it, not just be on par with it.

Last edited:
S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
I hope they don't come out with anything awesome, I'd like to refrain from buying a new sled for another year.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I hope they don't come out with anything awesome, I'd like to refrain from buying a new sled for another year.

ha ha!!! I agree completely. Though, it would be nice if the new stuff that they come out with is boltonable (new word of the day) to the older chassis.

Well, not agree completely, as I won't be able to afford a new one anyways...

6 year production cycle.
New Nytro Chassis in 2014
Nytro came out in 08...

Last edited:

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
I went from a 08 xp to a push turbo nytro....love it
Can someone tell me what's so bad about the nytro?

I ride with new xp's and new Polaris pros all the time ..I'm never at a disadvantage!! And with the 180 hp turbo !they are at a disadvantage

I had to put some mods on it like the stering post relocator and a different track...the stock one sucks it really hurts the performance makes the sled feel heavy. The challenger extreme track makes it float better and excellerate faster
Wish Yamaha would put agood track on there sleds. The po and doo come with a 2.5 inch track. And the Yamaha has a2.25

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I went from a 08 xp to a push turbo nytro....love it
Can someone tell me what's so bad about the nytro?

I ride with new xp's and new Polaris pros all the time ..I'm never at a disadvantage!! And with the 180 hp turbo !they are at a disadvantage

I had to put some mods on it like the stering post relocator and a different track...the stock one sucks it really hurts the performance makes the sled feel heavy. The challenger extreme track makes it float better and excellerate faster
Wish Yamaha would put agood track on there sleds. The po and doo come with a 2.5 inch track. And the Yamaha has a2.25

I have the 2.25" Ascent on my 2012 and so far I like it - I don't know that a stock Nytro needs a 2.5 inch track, on a boosted sled - maybe.

Nytros still (as of now) roll off the line without boost and have ~135hp, I think a 2.25" lug track is a good match for that HP level.

I agree that the mountain sleds need the steering post relocator - that was one of the first things I did to my 2012.

Longhorse

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
Casper, WY
Wish List
Factory 174 :face-icon-small-ton
Nypex or new Apex chassis
Boost ready, lower compression motor :face-icon-small-con
A 4 post primary clutch :face-icon-small-dis
A two stroke would be cool !!

Factory 300HP 500ft/lb Magnesium 5 valve 1.8l turbo diesel twin cyl revs over 9k, in a body skinnier than the Po Pro, 174x15x3 (3.5"pitch). Instantaneous auto dampening Magnetic air ride shocks.
400lb wet and 50mpg! :light:

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Not to mention it better be more than the nytro motor for 16k, 135hp ain't going to cut it. The turbo version better be 200+ or they are wasting there time. Cat already has a 177hp for 14k so for 20k it would have to destroy the cat to even make it worth it, not just be on par with it.

I agree. Yamaha has some experimental Nytro engine packages out there in excess of 160 horse right now. Figure consumer models somewhere between 150-160 when released, and that would put the turbo at or above the 200 mark. My money says we will see chassi, shock, and engine upgrades packaged together whenever these high dollar units are offered. 2013? maybe. 2014? probably.:hungry:

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
They better come out with something good cause man there sure is alot of Pros and Proclimbs out there. If they don't come out with something new I think they'll miss the boat.

Yamaha has been too quiet, I think they have something up their sleeve.

A lighter sled.
Rollover valve.
4 cyl mountain sled.
2.5 track
Super Dooper running boards.
A chassis that rolls easily without breaking stuff.
Oh ya! Good heated grips.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
Oh ya! Good heated grips.

Yes, That is very important! I forgot to mention that in my post.
Please Yamaha build some decent warmers and make them the heating element style that sticks to your bars so we can choose our own grips to go over the top of them. The $50 a peice grips with integrated warmers are a joke!

Premium Features