• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This sled is begining to test my Patience.!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Delay after Delay followed by more delays!
Sometimes I think I am just not supposed to ride this season.

So.
After a LONG wait the replacement OEM Yamaha Nytro Heaters and Grips finally arrived yesterday.

Got the Heaters on
picture.php

Then spent a good HOUR getting the grips on.
picture.php

picture.php

Finally got them on, Smooth and Riveted back into place.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Along with the Heaters and Grips came the new Weights and Main Spring for the clutch to upgrade it for the MPI Supercharger.

picture.php

picture.php

Got the Primary off and apart to remove the weights
picture.php

And look what I found.
picture.php

1700 miles and the connecting pins were showing signs of significant wear already.
picture.php

So of course better to replace them NOW then have them fail.

Think anyone has these IN STOCK so I could get them installed tonight and be able to ride this weekend, not a chance.

Another item on order, another delay.
GRRRRR

B
Dec 5, 2010
The ziptie to the left of your clutch in the picture above is suppose to be holding your wiring harness in place against the subframe hanger, I would get it snugged up or you can chave wires and have elctrical issues. Other than that the pins look fine, I wouldnt worry too much and run them. They can look like that in just a couple hundred miles.

apex jeff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
columbia falls mt
take a deep breath and count to ten, aaahhhhh :)

Chris you are way to hard on your self, snowmobiling is supposed to be fun.

1. next time get a cheap can of aqua net hair spray coat the bar end and inside of grip,it will slip right on and dry tight.

2. either throw away or store those roller set screws, allowing the sleeve to rotate a little, and NO it won't wear the aluminum sheave boss.... well maybe in 30k to 50k miles. What your seeing is a slight polishing not detrimental wear.

3. get out there and ride that thing, and stop over analyzing. I'm guessing you have a background in engineering, mathematics, or possibly an educator? You own a recreational toy, not a space shuttle!

4. sorry about the tough love LOL just thought you needed a little talk down and reality check. Hope we can ride together someday.

Jeff

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
"Sometimes I think I am just not supposed to ride this season." PLEASE!!! HeHeHe

be thankful that you have somwthing to ride your snowmobile on Christopher HeHeHe

Some of us have to drive to Island Park to ride like me because we have no snow in the seirra's. It was 69 degree on January 2 this year around Reno Nv. The extended forecast shows much of the same. All my friends have told me to take pictures of the snow while i am up there and bring them back so they can remember what the stuff even looks like.

I will be taking one of Ambers Holts riding clinics next week. It might be the only time i get to ride this year if it doesnt start snowing hard around here. The Hydrologist headed up to the mountains to take a reading of the snow pack this month and he did not find any that he could take samples from.

You will have one sweet ride after your are all done with that beast of a seld you have. With the posting of all your meticulous installion practices and hard work you could probably work for NASA

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
The ziptie to the left of your clutch in the picture above is suppose to be holding your wiring harness in place against the subframe hanger, I would get it snugged up or you can chave wires and have elctrical issues. Other than that the pins look fine, I wouldnt worry too much and run them. They can look like that in just a couple hundred miles.

you can tell a guy has a lot of hours on sleds when hes telling you you have a loose ziptie AND where it goes. especially when you can barely see it in the pic! im sure i woulda reacted the same way until i read the responses though. i dont think id worry too much about it there christopher.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN

1. next time get a cheap can of aqua net hair spray coat the bar end and inside of grip,it will slip right on and dry tight.

2. either throw away or store those roller set screws, allowing the sleeve to rotate a little, and NO it won't wear the aluminum sheave boss.... well maybe in 30k to 50k miles. What your seeing is a slight polishing not detrimental wear.

3. get out there and ride that thing, and stop over analyzing. I'm guessing you have a background in engineering, mathematics, or possibly an educator? You own a recreational toy, not a space shuttle!

4. sorry about the tough love LOL just thought you needed a little talk down and reality check. Hope we can ride together someday.

Jeff

I totally would agree. . . Put the weights back in. If there are any sharp spots on the pins just buff them out. Your not going to put 600 miles on it this weekend. They are easy to change out. It is a half hour job taking your time, don't let it stop you from riding.

From your above post. I think you are the only one stopping yourself from riding this year. You have had 6 months to have this thing ready. Get out and ride it. I expect a report on sunday night.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
get a micrometer and measure the wear I went back to your pic and looked and I bet there is not an edge that you can catch your fingernail on. . . They just look polished.

Don't be scared of the sled it was built to be ridden.

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
Where is the problem? I think those pins would like like that after firing it up brand new just from the crate.

Go ride, its fricken mid 40's here BROWN and no hope of snow for at least 20 days. Last year at this time I had 40-50" to play with. I have done it before, held the sled together with duct tape just to squeek in one last ride. Your level of acceptability will slowly get lower and lower once you see the dollars adding up LOL

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

The whole wiring harness is still LOOSE as we are still connecting things back up.

Won't tie it all down tight till the last bits are back in place!

But you have very sharp eye!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Jeff

HAIR SPRAY?
Getting those hand grips on last night was a MAJOR PITA!
Air hose or not, they did NOT want to slid on with any degree of ease!

Ya, I DO need to get out and ride more.
But its sooo dang WARM here doesn't even feel like Winter!

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Yes Hairspray! The grips would have slip right on

There is nothing wrong with your weights at all, the one pin looks like it might have a scruff on it that could be polished right off.

None of that stuff is keeping you from being able to ride. Eric

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
You do understand you need someone covering the hole on the other bar when you use air? Not trying to be a smart a$$ just asking. Would work better if you ditched the hooks also.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I second the hairspray as well.

Dumb question, but what exactly is the purpose of the rivets in the grip? Hold them in place?

Hair spray works great!

I think the purpose of the rivit is to prevent the grip from coming off all the way off it becomes loose. I know in the past when I've had a grip come loose the rivit was the only thing holding it on.

Bill

Premium Features