• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz tunnel pack

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
I just opened my skins tunnel pack and realized that to attach it to the Pro tunnel you rivet in some straps to the tunnel. I hate the idea! The straps look like they will hang down when the bag isn't attached. The buckles land right on the corner of the tunnel and I'm thinking that if I tighten it up the buckles will eventually break leaving part of the strap still riveted to my tunnel.

Has anyone come up with a better idea for attaching that bag to the tunnel?? It's a great bag but the attachment isn't so great.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
The ones I have seen use a 1/4" carriage bolt in the slot rails. The threaded portion of the bolt will stick straight up, then slip the nylon strap down over it and secure with your favorite washer and nut (nylock nuts work great, and you can even get these in a polished SS nut but check the thread depth first so it will get tight). Let the slack out of the adjustable strap before you bolt it down so you can then snug it up good when the nuts are tight. The buckles should lay down flat on the tunnel this way too.

M
Jan 27, 2010
Lake Tapps
The ones I have seen use a 1/4" carriage bolt in the slot rails. The threaded portion of the bolt will stick straight up, then slip the nylon strap down over it and secure with your favorite washer and nut (nylock nuts work great, and you can even get these in a polished SS nut but check the thread depth first so it will get tight). Let the slack out of the adjustable strap before you bolt it down so you can then snug it up good when the nuts are tight. The buckles should lay down flat on the tunnel this way too.

X2

MM

Premium Features