• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO RMK Rumors

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
The talk I heard from an "informed source" is that 600 and 800 Fuji 2 stroke engines will reappear very soon. The thinking being that Polaris has their hands full with the ATV and Victory engines. This made sense as we are only talking about 2 engines. I need to go riding.

Pos... The 2012 800 already has a Fuji crank according to Indy Dan... My we are on the road to a Fuji motor

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
For 2013 it would be nice if they knocked a few hundred bucks OFF the price tag.... If they want me to pay nearly $13,000 for a sled by the time I have to pay tax, license, and dealer fees that's asking a lot... Hell I paid $13K for my Super Duty... and IT has heated leather seats!!!!!

Polaris is coming out with heated leather seats?????Finally!!!
I also heard that they will offer twin cup holders as an option.

M
Nov 13, 2010
They are going to come up with a way to make the carbon fiber bumper a few grams lighter. :) Come on Polaris.... your sled is crazy light, you could put a real bumper on it and still be ok.

08Alaska800

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
The talk I heard from an "informed source" is that 600 and 800 Fuji 2 stroke engines will reappear very soon. The thinking being that Polaris has their hands full with the ATV and Victory engines. This made sense as we are only talking about 2 engines. I need to go riding.

I heard Fuji also.

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
For 2013 it would be nice if they knocked a few hundred bucks OFF the price tag.... If they want me to pay nearly $13,000 for a sled by the time I have to pay tax, license, and dealer fees that's asking a lot... Hell I paid $13K for my Super Duty... and IT has heated leather seats!!!!!

The polaris is already the cheapest mountain sled available. I checked price on Pro climb M800, 1100T, and the XP 800ETEC X pkg and the Poo was anywhere from $1000 less to $2500 less then compeition.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Somebody around here has a quote in their sig about the infamous 07 900 not being dead, just suspended for a while. That was 6 years ago. Lots of tinkering can be had in 6 years.

Considering all the jingle invested in that motor I'm taking a wild guess...the 2013 Pro will be offered in a retooled (fixed?) 900 HO in the 170 HP range.

Super A

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Belgrade Mt
How bout a 2013 165hp Vertical Escape Pro, with the old black, red and chrome graphics, top it off with a digital compass and altimeter.

or

165 hp, Blackout, Black tunnel, Black Rails etc.. kinda like that M8 from a few years ago.

Both would be cool.

I would order one, how bout ya'll

A

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Spring of 2010 ,I think May,, at chains end parking lot in the snowies ,when there was no snow any where else ,two polaris semis were there and they had lap tops out everywhere on sleds ,,when I started to come look a guy intercepted me and kinda stopped me from seeing much ,,they were all short track sleds,BUT there was a four stroke sled there in a rush chassie,when I yelld ,hey thats a 4 stroke they shut it off! We hung out there for about a half hour while we loaded and un suited and they were verry tight lipped!Hope they dont use the webber motor!!

We saw them at Seeley Lake last December. WE were stopped on the trail and they came I'm and went around us. They were QUIET!!!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
How bout a 2013 165hp Vertical Escape Pro, with the old black, red and chrome graphics, top it off with a digital compass and altimeter.

or

165 hp, Blackout, Black tunnel, Black Rails etc.. kinda like that M8 from a few years ago.

Both would be cool.

I would order one, how bout ya'll

A

I did....it's called a etec XP :face-icon-small-win

Sorry....I can't help myself!
Polaris has good chassis going, get a reliable engine with a little more poop and I might have to think about it again.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
What's Orbital?

Orbital Engine (I used to own the stock back when they started and it was worthless). They came up with the technology that BRP and Evinrude uses in their motors so don't let anyone ever tell you the E-tech was BRP's idea; it is licensed technology. And yes, Poo has an agreement with them too but have yet to bring it to the table for sleds. From what I understand, they are close though and it won't use speaker drivers like the BRP system does. I think you'll see them one-up the E-tec for the 2013 Pro.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
after several years of the faithful being discouraged Polaris is finally starting to come through with flying colors ....don;t worry...i don;t think they are going to let their leadership slip again...i think they will be the leading innovators the next several years..its going to be the Polaris glory years for a while...
Going to be very interesting..

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
logo.jpg

Look at the companies they purchased in the last few years... Swissauto has some wicked concepts in the pipeline for some time... maybe that is why Polaris acquired them. :face-icon-small-ton

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/4/5695/Motorcycle-Article/Polaris-Acquires-Engine-Developer-swissauto.aspx

http://www.swissauto250.eu/images/News%20Swissauto%20-%20Polaris.pdf

Last edited:
X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Any 4 stroke offered by Polaris will be a weber...... Dont think we'll see a 4 stroke mountain performance sled for awhile tho.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Most of you know this, OEM's are working on multiple engine projects constantly, most never get out of Engineering. 4S's, turbos, chargers, DI, etc.

Bottom line - Poo has to improve their emission standings, which means a combo of more 4S's, DI, especially if HP goes up. Emission limits are impacted by HP ratings, also (read no more M1000, cat scrapped the 600, don't think that wasn't a driver). My rules of thumb:

First DI will be in a 6, before an 8. No 8 DI in 13. I think they are still gunshy of any bold new big bore motors after the laydown 860, then CFI4 800 debacles. They should be, too. They were idiots. Some of those idiots still sulk in the halls of Poo.

Could be a 4S turbo offering, Poo and Doo are watching cat closely. Poo has a great 600, less HP means less emission impact. Don't think Poo will dump the 600 for a 4S alla cat, cat's 600 was third string, but, it's a tooling and production cost thing, too. Poo will want to stop getting pummeled on the HP playground, especially in the flats, where there still sell some sleds.

An 800ho is a possibility for 13, but not without some offsetting emission strategy via 4S or DI. Something that leverages past engineering. SWAG's.

Last edited:
Premium Features