• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recoil Rope Rubbing On Coolant Hoses?

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
I tweaked by 2002 Edge XC by changing the steering hoop, console, oil tank, air box and front cooler to the 2003 version to get rid the the orignal air box design. This also entailed changing out the hoses due to the front cooler tweak that now doesn't interfere with the air box like before. Since it's not an RMK it has a little more hose congestion by the brake/chaincase.

The recoil handle now rests up by the choke lever instead of down low on the console.

I also changed the chaincase to upgrade the brake to the phantom design.

The original Edge had a bracket on the brake that helped guide the recoil rope.

My new set up seems to have the recoil rope running between two coolant hoses and I know that in time it will wear a hole from being pulled.

For now I have a piece of copper tubing with flared ends between the hoses to eliminate the rope from rubbing the hoses.

Seems to me that at Hay Days I saw a factory set up that had a small black plastic funnel for the recoil rope to go up and over the brake.

I can't find anything like that on the on-line parts sites and you know the local Polaris dealer can't look it up without the exact model.

Was I imagining it or does anyone have another solution? Should have had my camera out.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
stay with your copper tubing, the plastic will wear through very quickly. I had a plastic tube on an old mod it wore through and would pinch the rope. Then found a piece of metal tube and it has lasted forever.

Premium Features