• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Goggle warmer on Nytro?

J

JDen

Feb 9, 2009
Neilburg, Sk.
Anyone know of any setups out there for drying/warming goggles to put somewhere on the Nytro? I know I could just get a vented bag and put it under the hood, but that's a pain. Something quick would be great like up near the handlebars out of the way...I saw a setup on a 2012 Cat last weekend and it was awesome, nicely tucked out of the way between the gauges and the handlebars. I have some ideas on maybe building something but just looking to see if there are any options/opinions out there on a good/simple idea.

NytroNorm

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Stoon, SK
Iv been trying to figure out a way to do this as well. Right now im thinking about some sort of heated handlebar bag. Brp has one but its only 3 watts and wont supply enough heat.

i need a 12 volt heating pad like something in a pizza delivery bag or maybe ill just use the whole bag and mount it to the tunnel haha. That would get some looks!

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
i dont under stand why you would need to dry or warm up your goggles. i leave mine outside when we pull up to a shack on my handle bars facing up so they dont fill with snow. i also carry a spare set in my back pack in case they do get wet or somthing. if mine fog up i hold them in front of the pipe and then dry them with a mirco fiber cloth.

J

JDen

Feb 9, 2009
Neilburg, Sk.
i dont under stand why you would need to dry or warm up your goggles. i leave mine outside when we pull up to a shack on my handle bars facing up so they dont fill with snow. i also carry a spare set in my back pack in case they do get wet or somthing. if mine fog up i hold them in front of the pipe and then dry them with a mirco fiber cloth.

Well that would work...but my pipe is nowhere near where a person can reach, and for those icy/rainy days when nothing you can do keeps your goggles clean. Or when you're stuck all day and sweating like a pig. Everybody has had goggle problems at some point in time. I always just dealt with it and never really had too many problems, BUT, after riding with a sled with a heated/vented bag in a super handy spot...I want one!

J

JDen

Feb 9, 2009
Neilburg, Sk.
i pick up what your putting down. could a guy get one of the cat bags?

I suppose that would be an alright place to start, just try and make it fit somehow. I just don't want it to end up looking like I botched something together. We'll see how it goes here whenever I get a chance to get my creative hat on.

J

JDen

Feb 9, 2009
Neilburg, Sk.
No, nothing to ride on around here. Revy and Valemount have a bunch tho! Been out a few times this season, it's been good.

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
was working on a buddys truck this weekend and noticed he had a heat pad around his battery. it might be kinda big tho, looked about 4"x12" id say. you could easily cut the plug and wire it in. tho it was for a 110v outlet, not sure if it would work. maybe it just wont get as hot? maybe an auto parts store has a smaller type and for 12v systems?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is the technology your looking for.
Just need to find it in a SMALLER package.

sports-imports_2194_36394184

Carbon Fiber Dual Temp Waterproof Motorcycle Single 9" x 15" Seat Heater Pad, Heated Seat Kit
Carbon Fiber technology is the best seat heating pad material in the marketplace.

The first reason is that Carbon Fiber thread is pliable and a good conductor of electricity which can be designed to incorporate a variety of shapes which are interconnected and form a grid which can be sewn over. Carbon Fiber will not corrode or break like copper heating elements.

Second, this Deluxe Universal Seat Heater allows the installer to trim the length of the carbon fiber pads or to cut holes in the center of the pads to accommodate any seat design or seat sensor and still provide heat. Pads are cut with regular scissors or razor blade to create any pattern to fit any seat.

Third, the Parallel heating fibers ensure long life and dependability. With conventional, serial seat heaters, any abuse that breaks the heating wire shuts off the entire heater; the same abuse would only render a small portion of our heater inoperative so the driver will still be cozy and warm!

Fourth, the heating elements are completely waterproof & most of the pad (except where power is supplied) is puncture proof.

Fifth, Ultra-thin carbon fibers mean no bulky and uncomfortable wires. Other than the soothing warmth there's nothing to make the driver or passenger think their seats are out of the ordinary!

This kit will install in any seat with a 12 volt electrical system. This kit is for a single seat's bottom or back. The single pad kit is designed to install between your seat upholstery and the padding underneath. Installation may require removal and re-installation of seat and seat covers.

=====

Or maybe something like this..

[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
trans_1x1.gif

FIR Infrared Heat 12 Volt Car, Boat, RV Heated Seat Pad

[FONT=arial, helvetica]<map name="6ced4f177c1e6cb"><area shape="rect" coords="0,0,70,53" href="http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/sports-imports_2195_9694572"></map>
This 12 volt heating pad plugs into your vehicle's cigarette lighter. The heating element is made of Carbon Fiber Stitching in a honeycomb pattern rather than 1 continuous wire zigzagging through the pad such as all other heated pads and blankets.​
[/FONT]

Premium Features