• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha 2013

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
I agree. Yamaha has some experimental Nytro engine packages out there in excess of 160 horse right now. Figure consumer models somewhere between 150-160 when released, and that would put the turbo at or above the 200 mark. My money says we will see chassi, shock, and engine upgrades packaged together whenever these high dollar units are offered. 2013? maybe. 2014? probably.:hungry:

Throttlecable seems to be on the right track:face-icon-small-win Hit any rocks in the Snowies yet bud???

B
Dec 5, 2010
Throttlecable seems to be on the right track:face-icon-small-win Hit any rocks in the Snowies yet bud???

I agree as well, and have high hopes that they will deliver. It would be nice to be a contender or at least be considered a good mountain sled for once on the hill, they have nothing to lose at this point. Since their introduction to the mtn segment in 03 fourstrokes have struggled on the mtn unless highly modified, I think after 10 years of over weight, underpowered sleds its now or never to release a true mtn sled. Quit playing nice and release what we all want, not a stretched trail sled but a TRUE mountain sled.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
Yamaha has continued to build 2-stroke mx bikes so I'm not buying the thought that they will continue to build 4-stroke only sleds. There is room in the lineup for a clean burning 2-stroke mountain sled. But I doubt we'll se it in 2013. Hope i'm wrong though.
Like BOOSTD said, Yami has nothing to lose at this point.

Premium Features