• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Freeride 137 to 154

D
Feb 21, 2017
Bought a 137 freeride 850. I live in Michigan. But i will be moving out to portland here in a month. I already bent my heat exchanger pretty good, and i understand that you need a whole new tunnel because it is integrated. Wondering if i bought a 154 tunnel And a track if all i would need is a rear skid? Or find a uaed 154 skid. Or do i just cut my losses sell it and find a 154. I love my sled. And the shot start. Seeing if someone maybe had a skid laying around?

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Having extended many sleds myself, I'd say cut your losses and get the sled you want. There are more pieces required that will start adding up. Gearing, clutching, possibly drivers, etc...
I would either repair your sled back to stock or let insurance take care of it. FYI, they say the heat exchanger is integrated, but if you look at doos parts diagrams, it is still riveted to the two halves of the tunnel. I bet if you talked to your dealer, they could get you the heat exchanger only.

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
850 137"

Sell that thing back east get some good cash out of it. If I had the cash I'd buy it from you that sled out in Oregon would be so much fun. 60% of the season in Oregon you would have 100,000 times more fun on that 137". I really wish i would have bought a 147" or 154" for this season. My 165" is a tractor and in spring snow no fun compared to a 154". The one year I let the internet carry any weight on my decision bit me in the a$$!:face-icon-small-con . It just depends on how you ride I would have loved a 137" this year over my 165" wish you the best out west.

Premium Features