• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder Special/Extreme

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
nice sled 00kitty, how you liking the turbo?:eek::D awesome build Team Wild, the homemade tunnel extension is sweet. are you going to put a lightweight seat on there?

Last edited:
Before and after pics... VE tunnel, drop and roll, gears, can, custom rear skid, 144x16x2 track, ZR3 body, lexan hood, mtn cat bars, boss seat, lots of weight savings :D.... Lots of time....

Attachments

• IMG_1113.jpg
    IMG_1113.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Arcticatdan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Newport, WA
Latest pic of my sled. Its been streched to 151x2
Snow Eliminators from a 1M modified.
18 top and 43 bottom gears.
M series snowflap.
Skid from a mountain cat. Big wheel kit 9", ice scratchers.
Steering post extension 4" Ole's Mfg.
custom conduit bumper and running board ends.
Homemade tunnel extension. 063 Aluminum.

DSC02152.jpg

beautiful sled nice work, like to see these sled still puttin it to the mountain

will

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
anybody have any more pics of their sled from this season? here's one:
12.jpg

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
My ZRT "mountain" project. Bought it for $750.00. Has parabolic skis, stingers, 136"x2", mountain light hood, 1M handlebars... Next: 1M complete front susp, 1M rear skid w/ 151"x2" and hand-fabbed tunnel ext., 1M seat and tank, V-Force reeds and a paint job...

083.jpg

ZRT2.jpg

Last edited:
W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
which sled will get the highmark, PS700 or Powder extreme, same rider, 2 feet of light, dry, fluffy powder on a steep slope. i've never rode an extreme so i don't know, what do you guys think?

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
I think a good running powder extreme will take a 700 powder special. The one of the biggest problems with the extreme is that they are tempermental as hell and no 2 of them seem to run the same. I've been around several powder extreme's with similar setups and they've run the gamut from doggy to great. On the other hand I've never really been around a 700 powder special that has wow'd me.

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
okay, thanks, that's what i was thinking too, IF the powder extreme was running good.

P
Nov 20, 2008
We keep a 99 PS around and call it the penalty box!! It has 900 cat plastics, cause they boys were bored, and we had them!! All the shocks are blown the tunnel is bent and tweeked!! the seat got eated by ravens!! It was sitting outside for 1.5 years without a cover and 2 pulls it fired up and idled into the shop for fresh gas and belt, then got pounded for 7 hours without missing a beat. That sled will never get sold it is the most reliable sled ever built as far as i have seen!!!!

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
riding pics

anybody got any more riding pics? if you do, post em up!

Last edited:
G
Jan 20, 2016
1997 powder extreme rail extension

Hey I was just wondering if anyone had any info on installing a set of rail extensions on a powder extreme? I picked up and 144 track and got the rail extensions but the instructions suck lol

S

Stinky151

Sep 28, 2017
Flathead Valley, Montana
Hey everyone, new to the forum and new to snowmobiles in general. My wife has ridden for years though. This week we made a deal with her grandparents for a pair of '97 powder extremes. They are about spotless and have about 2000 miles each. Hers will be left stock, but mine, after a season or so, not so much..... I will post pics once I can host them somewhere

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Hey everyone, new to the forum and new to snowmobiles in general. My wife has ridden for years though. This week we made a deal with her grandparents for a pair of '97 powder extremes. They are about spotless and have about 2000 miles each. Hers will be left stock, but mine, after a season or so, not so much..... I will post pics once I can host them somewhere

Glad to have you around! There's not a ton of activity in these older forums, but there is still a wealth of knowledge in some of the people here.

S

Stinky151

Sep 28, 2017
Flathead Valley, Montana
Well, We got one extreme out this last week (mine) to get set up and going. Fresh gas (they have been drained) and it fired right up after a few pulls. Now starts cold on the second pull. this thing is awesome! I am new to snowmobiles so not much experience, but it hauls and I love the sound! the wifes has a broken choke cable so I will have it running by Wednesday. I am definitely hooked and think these will stay in the family a while. Also picked up a complete parts sled (low compression) for $60....

G
Jan 2, 2008
N. Idaho/N. Cal
Recently bought a 2000 700 powder special roller, parted out my 96 ZRT and planning to put the carbed 600 triple in the 2000. Has any one don't this and what issues did you have? I know I need to find different motor mounts to start with.

TecCrash

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2017
Middleton, ID
Well, We got one extreme out this last week (mine) to get set up and going. Fresh gas (they have been drained) and it fired right up after a few pulls. Now starts cold on the second pull. this thing is awesome! I am new to snowmobiles so not much experience, but it hauls and I love the sound! the wifes has a broken choke cable so I will have it running by Wednesday. I am definitely hooked and think these will stay in the family a while. Also picked up a complete parts sled (low compression) for $60....

I have an old 98 PS 600 EFI that I've had for years ( 5000+ Miles )... Pulled it out of the pasture this year because the wife FINNALY agreed to try out the sport. Gas was 5 years old and it started on the 5th pull. Drained the gas, did the basic maintenance on it and loaded it on the trailer. I was understandably concerned about it's reliability, so I put my wife on my Polaris and away we went. On the trail ride in, I kept up with all the "NEW" sleds and everyone wanted to toss it down the trail. Coming out the "Young Uns" were giving me crap about the trashed seat, crappy paint, and the age of the machine. it was catch me if you can ... Beat them to the trailer by almost 10 minutes. I forgot how I can toss that 136" track around a corner ...

Premium Features