• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Axys Cutting out

C
Dec 31, 2014
Rigby, ID
New '17 axys this year, have 700 miles on now. Love the sled! Rode all day just fine, stopped for a beer on the way back to the trailer, suddenly sled starts missing/cutting out at around 5500 RPM. Have SLP clutching and can installed, also installed tether. Any suggestions?

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
New '17 axys this year, have 700 miles on now. Love the sled! Rode all day just fine, stopped for a beer on the way back to the trailer, suddenly sled starts missing/cutting out at around 5500 RPM. Have SLP clutching and can installed, also installed tether. Any suggestions?

check the tether...you don't need the washer on the backside.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Reays go bad from moisture. Bad design. It will cause it to cut out at higher rpm. That is usually the power valve actuator relay. Replace all of them and use dielectric grease and then wrap them securely with tape or some other means to keep the moisture out. It could also be a bad tether connection but my money is on the relay plugs.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
I would check throttle cable adjustment, need a bit of free play in the flipper. If the flipper does not have an 1/8" of play or so the sled will cut out.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
17', 400ish miles.. I had a random bog twice yesterday, both times within minutes of each other. Once cruising across a meadow and another on a long wfo climb. When it didn't on the climb, it bogged so hard I thought it was seizing, by the time I turned out, it was back to normal and didn't happen again. TSS is taped down under the hood and using polaris tether.

Ideas?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
17', 400ish miles.. I had a random bog twice yesterday, both times within minutes of each other. Once cruising across a meadow and another on a long wfo climb. When it didn't on the climb, it bogged so hard I thought it was seizing, by the time I turned out, it was back to normal and didn't happen again. TSS is taped down under the hood and using polaris tether.

Ideas?

Unplug the tether.

It’s the only way I could get mine to stop cutting out.
I tried every fix around to try and make that poo tether work. (Screw in the cap, no washer, grease, cleaning contacts)

Trash that trash

Premium Features