• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Heck I've got 2 sitting in my shop right now, would post vids of us riding them last weekend but I'm just too lazy ;)

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Been bothering me for a few weeks now... Alpha Cat? You mean Alpha Dog?

Arctic Dog Alpha Dog M8600 169”. Cmon, get it right next time :face-icon-small-con

You have got to be f***ing kidding me, that skid says alpha, I thought you were cracked :face-icon-small-dis

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
I'm ready to install this on my mtn cat, I assume they'll have this for sale as an upgrade!? Wonder if they will have a black or medium green version? I'd imagine this would be fun to ride?, 9 more days?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Anyone like me and not want this skid?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

You darn cat guys, so afraid of change :face-icon-small-hap no one wanted a replacement for the 800 zuke, now its here and everyone loves it. I would wait and get some time on it before you decide whether you like it or not, I bet it will be sweet.

Should be a step in the right direction for getting these sleds to become lighter and smaller (even if they stick with a 15” wide track for a few years). If it is a flex track it will be interesting to see how it works. If it were garbage im sure they would have tossed the idea. Im looking forward to it.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
They pulled my thread on that Alpha cat pic. Thanks a lot Christopher. If someone leaks a pic that's their fault. I pay money to be on here. But obviously that doesnt matter. Pic is saved on my computer anyway...

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
They pulled my thread on that Alpha cat pic. Thanks a lot Christopher. If someone leaks a pic that's their fault. I pay money to be on here. But obviously that doesnt matter. Pic is saved on my computer anyway...

I got on looking for that thread also this morning. Kind of surprised it was pulled since that pic is in a ton of other threads and all over Facebook. I wonder if Cat or Textron called the main office???

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
wonder if it has outer drive wheels for those outer track nubs. that would help from track twist a little i bet (stability). excited to see how much lighter it is in some wet snow, prolly night n day.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
So what's everyone's major concerns off the bat ? I for one see the rear weight now being centralized to the track instead of spread over the track in a traditional set up (will hyfax wear out fast ?). Is the track stiff so when we side hill the track doesn't fold into a c shape offering no bite on a side hill ? I really hope Cat has some great promotional videos, demos rides, and info regarding this new skid so snowcheckers are not left guessing. Hats off to Cat tho for changing the game with innovative ideas cause if this skid works going to be a sweet ride.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Demos will be key, especially if no ERs. I want to see this skid in all conditions - not just epic powder. On the snowcheck fence and general public opinion is the only thing that will sell me. Nothing against the paid riders but will take more then their babbling to get this deal done.....

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
What are those green clips near the wheels?! Excited about rail, but old boards are disappointing.

Hopefully thats an ER and we get a Mountain Cat with the accessory boards, cleaned up bars, and cleaned up rear end.

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
Hopefully thats an ER and we get a Mountain Cat with the accessory boards, cleaned up bars, and cleaned up rear end.

Pretty sure thats the alpha everyone has been talking about. But I think we are going to get something different with the bars.

Last edited:

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Demos will be key, especially if no ERs. I want to see this skid in all conditions - not just epic powder. On the snowcheck fence and general public opinion is the only thing that will sell me. Nothing against the paid riders but will take more then their babbling to get this deal done.....

Agreed, enough of a radical change that they’ll need demos in the field for people to try if they want to get people lined up for spring check sleds. An early release would be nice, but at least give the dealers demos! I’m betting this will be a very limited release regardless.

Premium Features