• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 parts for our M's

I
Oct 25, 2010
Ardrossan, Alberta
Was admiring the new skis and primary clutch at the stealership, wondering if anybody else has contemplated trying this out. I rode a 15 last year and wondered if they remaped the ecu from my 11, if so wondering if it can be flashed to the 2011....

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We have the skis on sale and they are an excellent buy and work great.

We have quite a few guys with 2012 to 2015 models switching to the new clutch as well.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
You might have a tough time putting the 2018 primary on a M-series and getting a belt and your secondary to work with it. 2016/2017 primary would be a reliability upgrade if you're needing to rebuild yours. Not much of anything crosses between the sleds other than the engine, skis, handlebars, pre-2018 primary, and track.

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
Got the PC7 skis off my '17 MC; What do I need to retro-fit them to my '10 M8 back-up sled?? Or is it not a worthwhile enough improvement?

Im not sure if its the same for a '10 m8 but my 06 M7 ski bushings and bolts had to be installed into the proclimb skis before it would work with the M7 spindles (different diameter)

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
As far as improvement goes, its a toss-up. The PC skis are flatter so when you are in a carve(especially downhill) they dont fold straight up as easily as the M skis do. But a downside is when the sled is sitting upright or turning on flat ground I find they need more steering effort

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
As far as improvement goes, its a toss-up. The PC skis are flatter so when you are in a carve(especially downhill) they dont fold straight up as easily as the M skis do. But a downside is when the sled is sitting upright or turning on flat ground I find they need more steering effort
My '10 M8 has a 2.6 PC track & it feels like it needs "more ski" or keel?? As they are take-offs, my cost is essentially zero, but if they are not a significant improvement maybe I should just find a set of Polaris Grippers for my beloved back-up M8?

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
My '10 M8 has a 2.6 PC track & it feels like it needs "more ski" or keel?? As they are take-offs, my cost is essentially zero, but if they are not a significant improvement maybe I should just find a set of Polaris Grippers for my beloved back-up M8?

The proclimb skis definitely feel like they have more keel in the snow. If they are free you might as well try them, easy enough to install. By no means a big improvement though.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
Install?

The proclimb skis definitely feel like they have more keel in the snow. If they are free you might as well try them, easy enough to install. By no means a big improvement though.

What hardware is necessary to put the Pro-climb7 skis on the '10 spindle? The '17 spindle axles & bolts look to be a smaller diameter?

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
What hardware is necessary to put the Pro-climb7 skis on the '10 spindle? The '17 spindle axles & bolts look to be a smaller diameter?

Pop the bushings out of the proclimb skis and put the bushings in from your m8 skis, then use the bolts from the m8. At least thats how I did it with my M7..

Premium Features