• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help ideas!!!???

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
Took a good ride today with some buddies and sled ran great till about noon ish when I started noticing a few things.

1- started to spit and sputter. On take off and mid throttle. Not sure on plugs but sled has 2000 miles on it.
2- It seems like my sled eats way way to much fuel. My buddies doo and other buddies m8000 were like half of what I was at. Will the stock ecu adjust for a straight pipe exhaust or do I need to get a time for my elevation? I’m at 900 in Michigan. Do the tunes clean up mileage?
3- towards the end, my sled just felt like it had no power. Sure fuel was low and I am accounting for the low fuel stutter that these are known for but I’m just confused...

Anyone have any issue with the throttle position button in their handle? Mine went last year and it cause my sled to not run and I remember how jumpy and irractic the sled prior to it going and it was kinda of doing that like the last 30 mine.... idk, sure don’t want to keep putting a new electronic throttle piece in my controls every year

Please help, thanks
Nick

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Nick:

1 - Replace your fuel filter.
2 - Replace and gap your plugs
3 - with intake & exhaust mods, you're running lean. Get the ECU reflashed. I personally like EVO's products
4 - check intercooler piping, the clamps tend to loosen. T-bolt clamps are the way to go.

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
I appreciate the help. I’m sending ecu out this week. Hopefully the mileage will come back and I don’t go through so much gas!!
Why is plug gap so important? Just curious, I’d like a definitive answer, guess I never thought it made a difference.
Thanks again, nick

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
I appreciate the help. I’m sending ecu out this week. Hopefully the mileage will come back and I don’t go through so much gas!!
Why is plug gap so important? Just curious, I’d like a definitive answer, guess I never thought it made a difference.
Thanks again, nick
Plug gap is essential, as flame out can (and does occur) under boost. I personally run NGK CR9E plugs gapped to .020" to resist flame out - I don't recommend regapping the iridium plugs. I don't know how many miles are on your sled, but a valve adjustment should be done at 5000 km, I did mine at 3500km and found two valves out of adjustment. If you have a boost leak (common with stock hoses and clamps), the sled will be sluggish and hard on fuel. T-bolt clamps hold torque better - 200 in/lbs (NOT ft/lbs) should ensure a good seal. The 1100 Suzuki is a great engine, but it does require periodic maintenance.

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
I appreciate the help. I just went over 1800 miles on mine. I’ll check my hoses tonight. Just curious but do you run a stock fuel pressure regulator? Also, have you had any issues with the tss in your throttle control? I had an issue with mine last year sled wouldn’t stay running unless I played with that button and then it would only run wot... idk, great engine buts lots of bad engineering and stuff around it makes me feel like I bought the wrong machine

Premium Features