• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Sidekick Auto on a little rip

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
correct....nothing to do with feelings. Its professional courtesy...of which you have none. If Silber employs you to be a professional *** Hat you deserve a raise....If he employs you to professionally represent there company you should be fired!

Again...I urge you to start your own thread in which you can mesmerize yourself with psychobabble.

Ha. Psychobabble. (might want to look that word up before you use it...)

Speaking of definitions, How about we start with the definition of the word "forum"

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora

1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Where does BD have some sort of ownership over this forum or this thread? Where is what I'm saying something that broaches "professional courtesy"? Again, I'm not saying one thing "out of line" with exception of maybe my clear frustration toward's Mtn-Doo's responses.

So tell me again how I'm wrong or somehow my actions in violation of the "spirit of a forum"?

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
JJ_0909 How am I "bashing" the product? I'm refuting Mtn-Doo's half assed information. There is a huge difference... Let me illustrate - Via Mtn-Doo "Also the factory ECU is not able to receive additional sensor input" this comment is wrong. [/QUOTE said:
I am referring to a cannon plug, "physical wires" able to "literally plug in" non Ski Doo, etech info/inputs. The Sidekick Auto is a manufactured box that literally hard wires, through a processor board, additional information that otherwise is not available. Fact.
I agree. You cannot get mad at something you don't understand or not familiar with. Bashing information that you do not know about is foolish.

Some technical specifics are not public knowledge. There is no purpose to the consumer. We see folks all the time say that. A tech is curious and loves that stuff, but it's not what the average customer is asking.

Lastly, all of this because some other company guy assumes his product is being bashed when it is never mentioned.?? It's like saying the Chevy Duramax uses the Allison transmission and "that guy" says you are bias and bashing Fords. lol !!! Simply facts, the Duramax uses the Allison transmission.

The original questions and original answers,... facts about the Boondocker Sidekick for the gentleman who asked about THIS kit.

Here are again the facts to the questions you were asking.

Yes - Electronic Boost controll - consistent HP
Yes - Stock injectors
Yes - Factory ECU never removed or reflashed
Yes - Additional sensor information used and processed in the Sidekick Auto Box to precisely tune and function

Sorry for the bashing from others. If you have any other questions, just call me directly if you like. Thank you

Last edited:
N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
I know the definition of psychobabble which is why I used this in this context. I also understand this is a forum, that however does not negate the fact that your a troll. If there is a boondocker post I can guarantee jj0909 has posted in it. I find it ironic that you feel the need to enlighten everyone on the specifics of the boondocker kit.

It's as if you feel threatened...or maybe you feel inadequate.

Ha. Psychobabble. (might want to look that word up before you use it...)

Speaking of definitions, How about we start with the definition of the word "forum"

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora

1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Where does BD have some sort of ownership over this forum or this thread? Where is what I'm saying something that broaches "professional courtesy"? Again, I'm not saying one thing "out of line" with exception of maybe my clear frustration toward's Mtn-Doo's responses.

So tell me again how I'm wrong or somehow my actions in violation of the "spirit of a forum"?

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
@chadly,

Sorry to hear about that. Yes, it's been a long road and a lot of hard work perfecting an ultra high performance machine for sure. R & D and technology have really refined and in some cases changed the way things used to be done.

Cooke is not a place the Rocky Mtn locals frequent. There is so much more country available and much bigger country to be had. We do however demo or attend an event there from time to time. There will be a demo event at Cooke in the next couple of weeks for some dealers and customers from out of the area. You are certainly welcome to come along and have some fun! I will be sure you get your thorough introduction and ride time on the Sidekick Auto.
I will post the date here.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I know the definition of psychobabble which is why I used this in this context. I also understand this is a forum, that however does not negate the fact that your a troll. If there is a boondocker post I can guarantee jj0909 has posted in it. I find it ironic that you feel the need to enlighten everyone on the specifics of the boondocker kit.

It's as if you feel threatened...or maybe you feel inadequate.

1) Go through the hundred plus boondocker threads on this forum. The only ones you will find me chiming in on are two threads that Mtn-Doo was involved with.

2) The reason is *super* simple. I often field numerous phone calls a day. A lot of them with people asking questions with information they read on a forum. "But I heard the stock ECU can't handle any different inputs? How is your aftermarket MAP sensor working if it has different voltage, isn't that using one input with something different"?

See how I might want to clear that up here? Maybe to mitigate that phone call? Again, I'm not trolling. My name is Jeff Brines. My number is posted all over this forum. I'm not bashing a product, I'm not saying you shouldn't buy something. I'm literally just trying to help make things as accurate as they could be. If that isn't your bag, move on. Otherwise, grow up and realize I'm not here to hurt feelings, just do what a forum is meant to do, talk about ideas and learn something...

Finally, nowhere in this did I use phrases or terminology often used in the field of psychology. Please show me if I am wrong.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Jeff,

We will agree to disagree on your approach to the forums. It is painfully obvious you will try to credit silber turbos by whatever means necessary and excuse your means as being necessary as it is a public forum. Its negative selling...unfortunately we deal with it in the engineering community as well.

psychobabble - jargon to create an impression of truth or plausibility.

The stuff with mentaberry's sled is good positive selling. I can appreciate that.

I am officially done with wasting my life on this thread.

sorry for the derail everyone.

Boost on!

1) Go through the hundred plus boondocker threads on this forum. The only ones you will find me chiming in on are two threads that Mtn-Doo was involved with.

2) The reason is *super* simple. I often field numerous phone calls a day. A lot of them with people asking questions with information they read on a forum. "But I heard the stock ECU can't handle any different inputs? How is your aftermarket MAP sensor working if it has different voltage, isn't that using one input with something different"?

See how I might want to clear that up here? Maybe to mitigate that phone call? Again, I'm not trolling. My name is Jeff Brines. My number is posted all over this forum. I'm not bashing a product, I'm not saying you shouldn't buy something. I'm literally just trying to help make things as accurate as they could be. If that isn't your bag, move on. Otherwise, grow up and realize I'm not here to hurt feelings, just do what a forum is meant to do, talk about ideas and learn something...

Finally, nowhere in this did I use phrases or terminology often used in the field of psychology. Please show me if I am wrong.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Rewind a few post's. Here are the facts with this system.

mtncat - , Here are again the facts to the questions you were asking.

Yes - Electronic Boost controll - consistent HP
Yes - Stock injectors
Yes - Factory ECU never removed or reflashed
Yes- Additional sensor information used to precisely tune and function

Sorry for the bashing from others. If you have any other questions, just call me directly if you like. Thank you

I agree, snowest has lost the giant field it was a few years ago. No wonder why. Do you think mtncat will EVER dare to ask another question with trollers waiting in the shadows? lol

There are much better venues out there. Trolls and bashers ruin it for everyone. People aren't dumb....

The #1 OEM supported, #1 race and pro ridden package in the world is available for everyone. Now with so many benefits. Do your own research, like and follow Boondocker on facebook. There is daily info there for everyone. The new Ascender Cat is awesome for you Cat guys. :) The Polaris speaks for itself... Burandt, Curtis, Adams, the list is too long ... Catch a demo ride in your area. The results will speak for themselves.

Cheers !!! Boom !

Last edited:

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Randy, not to worry, have built a few yami turbos in the past, a few BB's 872 and 927's, now looking to venture into the 850 turbo, have been waiting for the BD turbo to show up, currently riding a 927 so if you ever have a BD turbo up on togwotte this season please let me know I would like take it for a spin.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
mtncat,
Thank you very much. We usually join the weekend event there with Driven Powersports and Destination - X . Great people and a fun weekend. I will definitely keep you posted.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Jeff,

We will agree to disagree on your approach to the forums. It is painfully obvious you will try to credit silber turbos by whatever means necessary and excuse your means as being necessary as it is a public forum. Its negative selling...unfortunately we deal with it in the engineering community as well.

psychobabble - jargon to create an impression of truth or plausibility.

The stuff with mentaberry's sled is good positive selling. I can appreciate that.

I am officially done with wasting my life on this thread.

sorry for the derail everyone.

Boost on!

Totally fair. Everyone is entitled to their opinion or their perception. I still don't see how I'm using "pyschobabble" in any of my posts, besides the fact I referenced John Pirsig?

Either way, have a great winter, and I desperately hope it snows more for all of us.

zaxxcmx925

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2005
Low Elavation Turbo

Seems like not much happens in the Turbo Section anymore.
What I would like to know is when a pull and ride Turbo Kit going to be available
For 0-2500’ ? Seems anybody I talk to is,Alaska and Turbos is a very bad mix.
Avgas is readily available for .50 cents a gallon over Premium.
Thinking of Snow Checking ‘19 Summit X 850 165.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Seems like not much happens in the Turbo Section anymore.
What I would like to know is when a pull and ride Turbo Kit going to be available
For 0-2500’ ? Seems anybody I talk to is,Alaska and Turbos is a very bad mix.
Avgas is readily available for .50 cents a gallon over Premium.
Thinking of Snow Checking ‘19 Summit X 850 165.

We have a low elevation kit in developing. Hang tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features