• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso 280 track on XM

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I was in the track market last fall. Lot's of people were saying to try the 280, great track, so light, yada yada. I'm glad I didn't listen to the "advice" (sales pitch). Just like the Peak track marketing or Maverick: a bunch of BS. Even Burandt's Jenny Craig sled was seen with a 2.6" Polaris track back under it by mid season (started with a 280). I went with a 3" Powerclaw, with no regrets. Unfortunately I snapped a rear suspension bracket this spring & did substantial damage to it. I'd buy another PC 3", that track just flat works for my riding.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Iv been talking to a guy in revy, and he said to put the 280 on backwards makes a big difference. Alot less trenching, better track seed and handles better.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Apparently not. Might be worth trying if you have the 280. He said its that much better he thinks camso put the arrows on wrong.

T

TheRedrooster

Nov 5, 2012
I'm in the market for a new track. I only hit the mountains once or twice a year so I was hoping this track was going to be as awesome as Camso says it is.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
I'm in the market for a new track. I only hit the mountains once or twice a year so I was hoping this track was going to be as awesome as Camso says it is.

Depends on your riding conditions. If you ride trails or in setup snow the track hooks up great. But if you ride deep powder it trenches pretty bad. I had one on mine but i took it back off and am running a power claw track now and really like it.

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
I have a 15' 163 T-3........considering a change to the 3" powerclaw....does it take different drivers? I have not researched the pitch yet just thought I would ask the question if someone knew off the top of their head. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I have a 15' 163 T-3........considering a change to the 3" powerclaw....does it take different drivers? I have not researched the pitch yet just thought I would ask the question if someone knew off the top of their head. Thanks in advance.

Dave

The T3 drivers work, you just have to trim every other small outer drive/guide nub off the PowerClaw track. Pretty simple, just heat up an old steak knife and slice away.

C
Jan 2, 2018
Thought I would chime in because it is a track thing not a brand thing. I bought the 280 X 174 for my turbo Axys. I had the exact same results as what your having. Took off the 280 and went to the 174x3 X3. Day and night difference. Ive said it on other threads. The 280 might be a great spring track but does NOT work in deep powder.
I'm learning this exact lesson and I've tried everything to get it to stop even running close to 200 lbs ski pressure it's a piece of **** in powder and not much forward momentum .. I hate being lied to

Premium Features