• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Full Pipe, Any reviews yet?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
SLP is doing an alteration to the Y pipe for better fitment. Your dealer should have let you know. If you got one of the first kits out they are modding them for free and doing it quickly.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
SLP is doing an alteration to the Y pipe for better fitment. Your dealer should have let you know. If you got one of the first kits out they are modding them for free and doing it quickly.

Great..... I just paid $700 and now I have to take it off, mail it back to them, wait for them to get it, then They mail me a new one a month later... In January. Total BS.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Great..... I just paid $700 and now I have to take it off, mail it back to them, wait for them to get it, then They mail me a new one a month later... In January. Total BS.

Don't fly off the end of your broomstick Nancy. Slp moves a bit faster than that.

Or pull it end of season and send it then.

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
SLP should be able to turn it around the same day or next at worst. If you bought a pipe from us, we will send you a new y pipe in advance so you can swap them out then and there. Then send the current one to us and we will worry about the turnaround time.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
What is everyone running for clutching with this set up? I'm generally riding 4-6k feet and I had cutlers performance adjustable weights 65-73 gram weights and I'm pulling 8600 rpm at 5000 feet with those weights loaded as heavy as I can go. All stock springs and helix. I am considering the SLP magna force weights but with the way they treated me regarding this whole melted air box and y-pipe recall I don't really want to buy anymore of their products ever again.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Don't fly off the end of your broomstick Nancy. Slp moves a bit faster than that.

Or pull it end of season and send it then.

He wouldn't have had an air intake left if he did that.
Mine was already melting after a 40 mile day and I have added additional venting, heat taped the sheet out of it , and was a semi-cold day!

Premium Features