• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lodging for the snowies

T
Oct 18, 2015
Wondering what the options were for ride in/ride out lodging for either west or east side of the snowies. Coming from vail/summit area of colorado,
tom

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
Centennial has great options with some rental homes and Old Corral/Mountain View. I’ve never stayed on the other side.

You can then ride up with good snow or trailer up about 15 minutes to Greenrock.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Is mountain meadows still open? They are east side and ride in and out. I wouldn't trust being able to ride from centennial if you really don't want to trailer at all. Best choice may be Albany lodge.

snowho96

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
ia
You can ride out from the lodges on the west side. The places are medicine bow lodge, ten mile inn, and rendezvous. I think there might be some cabins on vrbo in ryan park too.

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
We've rented the Brush Creek Barracks in Ryan Park several times. You can catch the trail in front of the cabin, no need to trailer. Same goes for any of the other places in Ryan Park, unless you're really early or late in the season...

If you're staying on the west side, be sure to hit the hot springs in Saratoga at least once. They are very nice, and free!!!

schmidty89

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
Spirit Lake IA
MTN Meadow

Is mountain meadows still open? They are east side and ride in and out. I wouldn't trust being able to ride from centennial if you really don't want to trailer at all. Best choice may be Albany lodge.

As far as i know they are open. had a few buddies stay here last year and the FB page has been updated on snow a few times already this year. Chris and His family have always been good to our group. very accommodating. has Dish and i think they might have wifi now.

If you have a rather large group call Jason and Snowy mountain lodge. there is big cabins to share and Ben the guy running the cabins is pretty cool and fun to chat with. snowymountainlodge.org

880summitxrs

Lifetime Membership
Aug 1, 2009
I 2nd mnt meadows, Chris and Michelle are great people and very willing to do whatever you need to make your stay enjoyable.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
We stayed at Mtn Meadow Cabins. What a cool place. The only thing we didn't like was the near 10,000' altitude. If you're going up in altitude by more than 8,000', you may want to stay in Laramie the first night to help acclimate.

Albany Mountain

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Albany, Wyoming
Albanycabins.com

We are located in Albany with two cabins with the best pricing. One cabin sleeps eight and the other sleeps five. Our website is Albanycabins.com Lots of openings as snow just hit two days ago and another hit all day today.

Kenny

Premium Features