• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PER/MOD FORUM!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Perf/Mod has been an institution on this forum since 2001. That's where all things "mod-sled" had been posted for a long time. All current posts from any given day right now would be 5 and 6 pages deep if we still just had it this way. It was HARD to find your brand specific information in Perf/Mod without sifting through several pages of posts from just that day.

Now we have built the brand specific forums.

Since the brand forums have been created with chassis specific sub-forums, turbo forums, etc, very little activity has been going into the old Perf/Mod forum.
This old Perf/Mod forum sees very little traffic.

As I type this, for example, in the "Snowmobiles" forum, the user traffic looks like this:

Arctic Cat: 139 viewing
Polaris: 204 viewing
Doo: 81 viewing
Yamaha: 64 viewing
Other: 25 viewing
Perf/Mod: 21 viewing

Perf/Mod has two sub forums, "clutching" and "member sled builds".

Starting today, we'll begin the process of dissolving the current Perf/Mod and moving all threads to their new homes. Over the next few weeks, we are going to individually move these threads one at a time to make sure they get to the right place. If you find one in the wrong place, kindly hit the "report post" button and let us know. We'll fix it.

All threads in Perf/Mod will be moved to "clutching", "Member sled builds" and specific brand forums, etc. If it doesn't fit a specific brand, it will go to "General".

PLEASE DO NOT START ANY NEW THREADS IN PERF/MOD. PUT THEM IN A BRAND SPECIFIC FORUM, OR OVER IN "GENERAL" IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE TO PUT THEM.

We are not deleting the threads, just moving. Click on the link you see and follow it to it's new permanent home.

I've started moving threads to give you an example of that you will begin to see over the next few weeks as we work on this....

HOWEVER----PERF/MOD will NOT be retired. The current "Snowmobile" forum, that ecompasses ALL brand name forums and subforums will be renamed "Performance/Modified".

"Member Sled Builds" and "Clutching" will now be separate individual forums next to the brand name forums.

It will look like this:

"Performance/Modified" (formerly called "Snowmobiles")
---Arctic Cat (and then the subforums)
---Polaris (and subforums)
---Doo (and subforums)
---Yamaha (and subforums)
---Other (and subforums)
---Clutching
---Member Sled Builds

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Click on one and it will take you directly to it's new home.

But mostly, they are going to the brand specific forums. Like your 925 thread...I asked which chassis you were talking about in that one so I could herd it over to the right forum.

We'll talk about Product Reviews too, but not here.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
terrible idea

wouldnt it have been better to move the four turbo fourms into the sub categories of perf mod i have always wondered why they are where they are? so where does the lets see your bad azz mod sled fit being its such a variety?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
so where does the lets see your bad azz mod sled fit being its such a variety?

Member Sled Builds is for a person to put the evolution of a build project, so that thread should go to "General".

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
OK, I've gotten a couple of questions asking where things are.

I know that I may be able to view threads differently than others...so help me out here.

Can you see the names of the threads as a clickable link?

Like this?

Moved: Dial-a-Jet/ power jets
CAT-DOO 670 - 04-21-2012

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Lynn, there were a couple threads that I moved that WOULD NOT let me leave a redirecting link. The watercraft thread is possibly one of those. I think it told me that since there had been previous moderations to a couple of posts in that thread, that it would ONLY be able to move that thread without a redirect link.

I am SORRY that V-bulletin did it this way. I had no control over that.
I think that is correct, though, that it went to "General".

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
or

Or a rotaris or a Cmx running an engine tech. Does one have to weed through all the stock BS to find what we need? Can't wait to ask a question on a stock forum and have ten of the wrong answers or have no answers at all cause the true sled heads aren't watching all of the threads.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
So where is a guy gunna ask a question about his pol cat or his yammado

I guess it depends on whether he's asking a question about the engine or the chassis. He'll have to decide what he's asking.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Or a rotaris or a Cmx running an engine tech. Does one have to weed through all the stock BS to find what we need? Can't wait to ask a question on a stock forum and have ten of the wrong answers or have no answers at all cause the true sled heads aren't watching all of the threads.

Have you clicked on "Other"?
For CMX or Redline or anything that isn't Big4.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features