• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 800r wont rev past 7500 rpm

J
im just tired of this stupid sled itll run fine on the trail but once you hit some pow the rpms just drop and it starts to sputter took it in twice this year and they tell me its fine;) what a bunch of a holes:mad:any body with any tips would be helpful

C
Dec 22, 2007
Have you had all the new updates done.The latest update for the primary clutch works great!! Make sure you have a 44/36 or 44/40 helix in the secondary clutch,44/36 is better for hillclimbing!!!

V
Jan 18, 2008
Fraser,co.
Same here

My 07' ran great last year, mostly. Had some problems with the tether key in deep pow after stopping to rest and restarting, then wouldn't run. bagged and strapped it under the covers. After going in for the update this fall it ran even better, plugs went from black to chocolate and increased fuel range. Now 400 miles later it won't run over 7000- 7500. After 5 min or so in deep stuff if I let it fall out of the power it loads up and wont go unless I hold the rpm's at 4000 (just below engagement) for 15 seconds or so, then open it back up and keep it there. It's inconsistent though. Dealer says they need tech support because it's giving inconsistent codes. Clutch is good. My buddies did something similar but it was a bad rebuild on the clutch update. The more it cost the better it is right???

J
done all the updates even the the updates for the updates. just pulled off the airbox and theres a whole bunch fuel in there! plugs are all fouled up after one crappy ride. also is it smokes alot and spits out oily residue out of the exhaust . it just seems like its running to rich already. oh well taking it in again ,there saying might be the ECU box. this will be close to the 12th time its in the shop:mad::mad:

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
If you're still having problems with it after your ECU is checked try running a 160/320 spring, 412 ramps, and very light pins depending on your altitude. I know it sucks to keep spending $$$ on these but that set up runs pretty good on clicker 2-3 around here

ok, now this sounds like your primary spring is shot! there is no way you should be on clicker 6 unless you are hill climbing with an Apex tied to your back!
I seen this problem a few weeks ago, the primary doesn't have enough strength left in it to control it anymore.. when you go to get a new one just pull yours and measure it against a new one and you'll see... its not the same length..
I'm sure its the primary spring, how many miles do you have on your sled? when they do the clutch upgrade they don't touch the primary spring at all...

R
It AIN'T clutching!

ok, now this sounds like your primary spring is shot! there is no way you should be on clicker 6 unless you are hill climbing with an Apex tied to your back!
I seen this problem a few weeks ago, the primary doesn't have enough strength left in it to control it anymore.. when you go to get a new one just pull yours and measure it against a new one and you'll see... its not the same length..
I'm sure its the primary spring, how many miles do you have on your sled? when they do the clutch upgrade they don't touch the primary spring at all...

This advice from the same guy that thinks the Camo-Lite is a GREAT track? LMAO!

Why is it that everytime there is a problem with an 07, it's GOTTA be clutching? Bunch of paranoid MF'ers? Don't get me wrong....I've had plenty of clutching issues with mine but look at the description of the problem...it's an aspiration issue! Check your RAVE system thoroughly...clutching issues aren't going to load your airbox full of fuel! Mine did the EXACT same thing right after the last round of updates; come to find a RAVE hose slightly melted on the engine, enough to produce a hole. 7600rpm was ALL it had in it and at WOT, the fuel was just spitting back through the carb bore into the airbox...sound feasible considering your rich condition and fuel in airbox problem? Most of the time, throwing money at a problem needs to happen ONLY after a good common sense inspection. Pull the RAVE caps off and check to make sure that the system is functioning properly...I would bet that is the problem. Also consider isolating your detonation sensor in the head...it corrodes and gives false signals that back the ECM curve down into "SAFE" mode. I'm assuming that your contacts at the ECM harness have plenty of dielectric grease to keeps the pins from corroding and breaking off? All fixes are listed on here or Doo-Talk(can't remember which).

Hope this helps johnny B.

Last edited:
R
Nov 26, 2007
Johnny bravo, have your dealer check with BRP on latetest updates. There should be one on pulling the cylinders and going through the R.A.V.E. system. I don't know the exact details because I have gone to the BB(860). The other fact that all stock 07 800R motor owners need to be aware of is the early buildup of carbon and unburnt oil on the guillotines and barrels due to the low compression of this motor. Instead of getting 1000 miles between R.A.V.E. cleanings you are only going to get say 500. These figures aren't exact because there are so many variables: Gas, Oil, Riding elevation, Rider aressiveness(how often in the upper RPMs). Check it out with your dealer and if you aren't comfortable with their answers, call another or several others.Good Luck. rpmbci.

2revbigbore

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
riverton wy
before you check anything else do a leak down!!!!
a friend had same syptoms and we did a leak down and had 4 % on pto and 7% on mag (anything less than 2% imo is not good) pulled it apart and the rings where shot at 821 miles in the mountains

it is the clutch spring.

I've had plenty of clutching issues with mine but look at the description of the problem...it's an aspiration issue! and I like Dicks .

Look here RockyMtnPrincess, you uneducated construction worker, Can't you read!?? he is on clicker 6 already and said that he already took it in twice, I'm sure that when they looked at it all they did was check the motor (like they usually do when you say it doesn't run right) and they can't exactly test drive it now can they?
I'm sure RkyMtnPrincess it's in "Safe Mode" HAHA LMFAO!!:D I'm sure you also believe that your sled has a burn chip in it too!!
anyway I've already wasted enough breath on you, so anyways,

Yea Johnny B, all you have to do is pull the Main spring out and check it to a new one, you don't even have to buy one unless it looks off, quite easy job and only takes about 20 mins and a few tools. but I am sure it will be weaker and shorter, then when you install the new one you will be back up to using clicker 2 or 3.. as far as the fuel issue, people always overlook the simple, so it may be a broken reed valve and pushing fuel around like crazy, but it really sounds like you have two problems. are you using full synthetic, that tends to build up a little more as it doesn't burn off as easy.
the motor may be fine, so the shop you take it to is either like RkyMtnPrincess (incompitent) or you may be overdiagnosing sysptoms which are normal (plugs with a little carbon on them, and a slightly wet airbox doesn't mean horriable issues)
if its getting up to rpm and speed on the trail like normal I doub't its the engine.. but hey, it would be worth looking into.

V
Jan 18, 2008
Fraser,co.
Hang in there, there is a solution. My under reving problem seems to have been fixed by my dealer! Hallelujah. The rave hoses seem so be main suspect,changed the clamps,and preventively replaced the update kit primary buttons. Two rides and seems to be back to normal, waiting for some more deep!!!

Premium Features