• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 m8 wont rev over 4000 rpm just bogs down

N
Dec 16, 2007
does anyone know why my sled would do this it idles fine and revs up to 4 grand fine but once it is there is just cuts out and bogs down any help please.

S

Snowking58

Nov 26, 2007
My 08 M1K also does the same thing, only at 6500rpm. I'm thinking maybe the servomotor?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
power valve

08 m1000 came from the factory with a power vavle not connected finally figured it out after taking it out 3 times and now it rips, AC didn't have much to say about it but it did sound like it wasn't the first one.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
TPS or throttle cable adjustment .Mess around with the throttle flipper and see if it makes a difference. You should have1/8 gap between the flipper and handlebar mount. If you don't have that small amount of freeplay for the cable the throttle safety switch will not set right. Notice how the pivot pin for the flipper moves towards the mounting base as you squize the throttle. It is moving a small safety switch inside. You idle speed must be maintained by the screw on the carbs, not the cable. As far as the TPS that is fixed and if not adjusted right, hope it is under warrenty.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
i seen a write up on hardcoresledder.com about a guy who made his own homemade TPS testing kit. as long as you know what WOT voltage range is suppose to be then you can go to an electric store and pick up a $2 voltage regulator that regulates to 5v and use a 9 volt battery for supply.

i would have to look back as to which terminals on the TPS to hitch too but with a multimeter then you can move your throttle and see the voltage change and check to see if its in range at WOT or giving whack readings in a certain throttle postion.

i tried this on my '03 f7 and it worked great. if you dont have time or patience then i would just go to the dealer and spend an hour labour to get the sensor checked and adjusted if need be. but since its an '08 its under warranty so you will be good to go. but like the others stated checking proper cable tension is important.

i adjusted mine as tight as i could make it. watched the cable on the throttle bodies as i pushed the trigger. made sure the switch clicked just a C-hair before the throttle bodies started moving open.

Last edited:
Premium Features