• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crossfire 700 cutting out

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
When I ride my crossfire 700 down the trail using a lot of throttle it runs great, but I'm I stop for 15 seconds or just idle around for a little bit and get back on the throttle it will sputter and then come out of it, now idea where to start with this.

The sled has an oil delete, and a snow stuff ruble pack

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Lots of places to go with this one. Dirty power valves or cables out of adjustment. Possibly some bad reeds. How many miles on sled?

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
Cables adjusted write and valves moving freely, I just don't get why it does it after idling a little bit or just driving around slowly, even when the sled is warmed up. It's only been doing it the last 2 short rides. And the temp outside was under -5 degrees. If that has anything to do with it. Also half of the tank is mixed with a/c oil And the other half amsoil interceptor

Last edited:

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
I still need help please, riding down the trail with a lot of throttle is runs perfect, but when I stop or drive slow it cuts out and comes out of it

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Jonathanpitzl;3500658Also half of the tank is mixed with a/c oil And the other half amsoil interceptor[/QUOTE said:
you have the oil delete..??...

do you have a bit of free play on your throttle cable ?

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Get a stock can and try it. Those rumble packs sucked on the 700. It has nothing to do with oil you used. Either that or your valves are sticking. Just cause they move doesn't mean they aren't gummed up. Id also check belt deflection.. hows the moveable sheave bushing? Try unplugging the kill switch as well

Jun 3, 2013
How about the rollers any cracked missing or dont spin, and does your sheaves move easily through each other. May be it binding at full engagement and when you stop and then go again you get your hesitation?

Premium Features