• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 Powerclaw Vs. 2.5 Camo Extreme. Which is better on our sleds?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
No not exactly.....Im going to use fractions this time......Paddles measure
2 11/16" (I measured the back of the paddle because that is what grabs and pushes the snow.

In comparison, the same measure on the 2.5 Bparks got slightly over 2-3/4"... pretty minimal difference. (but if anything, the 2.5 seems taller than the 2.6 for whatever reason, maybe just because it's not folded over)

I think both will be killer tracks, just wanted to point out that there's no actual gain in paddle. That warranty deal really ticked me off when it happened, I think that was a bunch of BS.. but it COULD have been due to a couple crappy dealers when that batch of bad 2.25's came out.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I didn't know a track had a warranty. What do they cover? What don't they cover?

K

kllongbrake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 29, 2009
In comparison, the same measure on the 2.5 Bparks got slightly over 2-3/4"... pretty minimal difference. (but if anything, the 2.5 seems taller than the 2.6 for whatever reason, maybe just because it's not folded over)

I think both will be killer tracks, just wanted to point out that there's no actual gain in paddle. That warranty deal really ticked me off when it happened, I think that was a bunch of BS.. but it COULD have been due to a couple crappy dealers when that batch of bad 2.25's came out.

I must be measuring wrong because my 2.5 measures 2 1/2" from snow side of track to top of paddles. 2 3/4 if you measure from the inside of the track to the tips. But then this is 6"> [--], right? And this is 12"> [------]

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I didn't know a track had a warranty. What do they cover? What don't they cover?

Primarily delamination.

The track I'm buying has a very minor defect, and it can get sent back if I want & get a new track. When I get it in my hands I'll decide I suppose.

The powerclaw 2.25 had a batch or two that were poorly laminated, the guys who put them on a sled (bought them separate) got denied by cat.

The CE, though it may not be a 2 year warranty like the challenger, does have a warranty, and many people have used it.

Tracks do have issues here & there... and when a whole sheet pulls off a track... you'll be glad to have it covered as it should be.

just an example, exactly what this thread is about. (regarding the older CE btw I believe)

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217783

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
All dimensions I noted were taken from the outside of the track....not from the inside surface.

S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
so i just ordered my track from tracksusa...the ce 162 got it for $710.00 plus shipping (40-50 bucks)

my dealer gives me a good rate on things,i was able to get my slp stage 2 kit cheaper from him than from slp, so i thought i would ask about the track.

tracks usa $750 to my door including shipping

local dealer $870 to his door including shipping

basically my dealer told me to buy it from tracks usa becasue it was a hell of a deal compared to what he could get it for...

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
so i just ordered my track from tracksusa...the ce 162 got it for $710.00 plus shipping (40-50 bucks)

my dealer gives me a good rate on things,i was able to get my slp stage 2 kit cheaper from him than from slp, so i thought i would ask about the track.

basically my dealer told me to buy it from tracks usa becasue it was a hell of a deal compared to what he could get it for...

Would like to hear your opinions on the CE this winter. I am not overly impressed with the Powerclaw in our snow.

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
Im going to try the CE 2.5 this year also! Not a huge fan of the Powerclaw. But will be watching very close to see how the Powerclaw 2.6 works!:face-icon-small-win

C

corydoneen

Dec 21, 2010
Eastern Wa

not to get to far off topic but how much was the stage 2 and what dealer are you going through?

S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
not to get to far off topic but how much was the stage 2 and what dealer are you going through?

it was about 150-200 bucks less than getting it straight through slp...

my dealer kinda pieced it together...got some parts from western power sports(they have some agreement that helps on shipping) and then some parts straight from slp...

i'm not a wrencher, so basically all the money i saved turned around in went right back to the dealer in the instalation of the unit.

i was/am still happy with how it performs. i would do it again... once my cluthes got set up it's been a pull and go sled for me.

my dealer (who isn't a cat dealer :) ) is specialty recreation and marine in coeur d'alene id

x-5

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Park City mt
Myself and three others got the 9175 last year...we all have tm8 with 8-12 #. It works better all the way around by my findings I kept my pc just in case I dident like the ce but now the pc is on my friends m7

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
But you are comparing a 2.25 powerclaw to a CE 2.5. Lets keep this discussion apples to apples. The 2.6 pc is gonna be a whole different animal compared to the 2.25. Do people remember their thoughts on the CE 2.25 from a few years ago? I never thought too highly of the CE 2.25's...

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I know the 2.25" Powerclaw sure worked a lot better than a 2.0" Challenger of the same length on several occassions. My buddy sold his Challenger and is now sporting a 153" Powerclaw on his M7.

My buddy with a Yamaha Nytro did the same thing. He is trying to sell his 153" Maverick after seeing how much better a Powerclaw of the same lenght works. Not an apples to apples comparrison but, he is much happier now.

But yes.... the focus of this post was to compare the 2.5 CE to the 2.6 PC.

Unfortuanately, not a lot of folks have even seen a 2.6" Powerclaw, let alone ridden a sled with one installed.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
No matter what I think it all comes down to your style and where you ride. Very rarely for my style has the CE beat the PC, But that is on 2 different sleds and if the snow is harder the CE works better and better, although I can still get everywhere on with the PC but it is slightly faster going down. Ideally we 3-4 different tracks to switch to for each day and how we plan to ride, right. Suspension setup plays a huge role also from my finding, I think most would be happy with either track. unless you live on the west coast or where snow gets hard fast, then I say CE 3"

Premium Features