• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 M series

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Anyone know whats exactly different on the front suspension yet. Looks like there is an extra support on the back aarm bolts and a different steering arm part in the picture of the shocks on ACs website. Also in the big picture looks like a sway bar on the M8 SP is it just an oops and a pic of a CF or did they do something.

Anyone that wants to say they haven't changed since 05 needs to ride a 05 and a 09+ back to back.

B

bigtwin

Jan 16, 2008
Åhhh this was a terrible line-up!
I will not buy a new sled in 2011!
we need something new !!!!!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
still probably going to be the best stock 800 sled for 2011. Going to have to see how the polaris does after the season before we jump to conclusions.

I would have to aggree :face-icon-small-hap

Apr 21, 2008
So it's the best sled on snow and everyone is complaining because they did simple refinements to the chassis to make it better?

Yes, the chassis has been around in some form since 05 but it has changed every year and riding an 05 compared to a 2010 is night and day.

Wake up and smell the roses guys. This lineup is proven, and the small refinements they made will only make it better.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
If Polaris can shave 25+ lbs off there new 800, why can't CAT

Very Dissapointed in A/C R&D they should of shaved off 10-15 lbs and installed CMX Drive, plus a factory Turbo mountain sled. If SLP can Crank out 190 HP from a m1000, why not do it from the factory.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Very Dissapointed in A/C R&D they should of shaved off 10-15 lbs and installed CMX Drive, plus a factory Turbo mountain sled. If SLP can Crank out 190 HP from a m1000, why not do it from the factory.

Ever heard of the EPA, every change to the ECU requries all new retesting and certifcation, all that costs money and it all gets paased on to you

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I agree cat didn't need to change much maybe a better secondary and a few suspension tweaks here and there. But they could have come up with better BNG then they did for this year.:puke:
I would still buy a 2011 just have to remove all the decals and make it the way I want it.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Seven years with the same chassis!? that has to be some type of record! I know the sled goes through the snow well, but the riding position is so out-dated its criminal. why not a few minor changes to the riding position or something to start making it feel a little more refined? Still the worst trail ride by far too. In my years with Cat i learned that the engineers and R&D back at TRF are pretty arrogant about what they think they know. Guess they are conintuing to prove it. The M chassis rocks in the deep, no doubt - but its the least comfortable ride of all four by far.

A
Jan 21, 2008
im not going to lie, i like the 2011 cats. Might not be a new chassis but i think the new graphics look pretty cool and will really stand out on the hill. i'd buy one if i had the money!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
What I figured, The m1000 ho will be 2012, Hopefully they will bring back the standard. I hate paying $1000 for extras I hardly use. I think there will be new clutching in 2012 too. But who knows. If the shock valving is the same, I am very disappointed.

If the hcr has a 162 tunnel does that mean they will have a 162 90 duro track.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Bout what I figured with the economy the way it is. Hopefully next year they will blow us away.:D

You have to remember they are the little guys out of the big four but still have they best chassis out there right now.

I would also like to see more colors (Blue/Red)

Apr 21, 2008
What I figured, The m1000 ho will be 2012, Hopefully they will bring back the standard. I hate paying $1000 for extras I hardly use. I think there will be new clutching in 2012 too. But who knows. If the shock valving is the same, I am very disappointed.

If the hcr has a 162 tunnel does that mean they will have a 162 90 duro track.

The HCR has a 162 to leave room for traction aids that may be used on it. That's what I saw on a summary of cat changes.

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
I love the M chassis glad its still the same, I have to see the new green SP in person before I can dis it., I looks pretty weird tho. I like my 08' nightfire the best as far as LE's go.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Good and Bad

Well I don't disagree a bit with not changing the M8 (a guy like me won't buy a new engine like that until it's 2nd year anyway, and anybody who complains about the M chassis is insane) I do, however, have to add myself to the list of people who are wondering why in the world the HOm1000 didn't come out with this fleet.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Seven years with the same chassis!? that has to be some type of record! I know the sled goes through the snow well, but the riding position is so out-dated its criminal. why not a few minor changes to the riding position or something to start making it feel a little more refined? Still the worst trail ride by far too. In my years with Cat i learned that the engineers and R&D back at TRF are pretty arrogant about what they think they know. Guess they are conintuing to prove it. The M chassis rocks in the deep, no doubt - but its the least comfortable ride of all four by far.

The elan was out for like 25 years and the trail rmk is over 10 and still going i believe

Premium Features