• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

: How satisfied are you with your Arctic Cat?

: How satisfied are you with your Cat

• Total voters
J
Sep 12, 2008
Almont, Co.
09 m8 162 just bought as a holdover. 1st day ride hood pins broke, no big deal 20 dollar fix. 2nd ride hood snapped where cables attach. Can't keep hood open. 2nd ride fuel gauge came apart in tank. 4th ride oil tank melted I have oil everywhere. I will wait to go ballistic on cat until I hear from warranty dept.

D

Dirty10

Nov 26, 2007
LaGrande, OR
until this year I had Polaris running through my body :) would not have riden anything else. starting riding with some cat boys and decided to switch over.. Luv my M 1000 o ya and the CPC unit under the hood doesnt hurt..:):):)

M
Mar 7, 2008
i'm back-nforth on a 2010 M8 or 2010 800 summit. but my impression is more problems with skidoo. what do others think? handling differences aside i'm more concerned about reliability and pull-n-go trouble free rides.

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
Love my 2010 m8 when it RUNS! just wish cat would make there sled ride like an xp, and I should beat myself for saying that, (don't let my dad see I said something good about skidoo) lol

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I guess most guys here are happy with their new sled.

I'm happy with my old King. I've been always tinkering on it but, that's some of the fun. It sure is easy to wrench on compared to anything new and , it has huge power. I can see the new sleds run without conversion and carve better. I probably will still be riding the King for another year.

Owen

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I am still riding my "old" king cat. I am a bigger guy at 6'4 230. So I love the grunt of the 900 twin! Havent ridden a newer sled that has the punch of that motor. I have a feeling I will be riding this sled for a few more years to come. I have a real hard time believing that a new sled is $9000 dollars better then the old king!!

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Custom ride

If you want it to ride like an XP Z bros makes a 43,45 and 47 in wide kit just put one of them on it and then it will be just as hard to pull over as an XP.

Love my 2010 m8 when it RUNS! just wish cat would make there sled ride like an xp, and I should beat myself for saying that, (don't let my dad see I said something good about skidoo) lol

C
Nov 17, 2008
cat poll

I have had two cats now 03 900 08 m8 , 6000 km on 900, 3200km on 800 so far. The dealers have been great with the small problems I have had. Artic cat needs to read these fourms to improve some of the naging problems that occure. Other wise almost 10,000 kms of pull and go mountain riding is a thing of beauty eh.

M
Mar 7, 2008
i'm with you king fans. i have couple 900 mountain cats and i'm not selling them but may add something else, thus the questions about M8 and summit 800.

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
I've owned a 1M (best sled I had ever owned in its' day), and bought my first M in 05. I've owned 5 M's total. They are all great. My new 2010 M8 is the best stock sled I have ever owned. I've also owned multiple sleds from every other brand, except SkiDoo (no good, close dealer support).

B
Jan 16, 2010
Northern Utah
I love my M8

My first mountain sled was a Nytro MTX and I thought it was a good sled until I went to the mountains and tried to ride with the 800s. I was bummed with the Nytro after that but I couldn't justify dumping another 8k into boosting and redoing the suspension.

After being frustrated with the stock Nytro I found a guy selling a 2010 M8 Limited with only 230 miles on it with a 5 yr warranty.

I drove friends sleds (09 Drag800, 09 Summit800 and a 2010 M8 snopro) before I decided to go with the M and boy am I glad I did.

I love boondockin, weaving between trees and rolling my sled over in the powder and nothing can do it like an M8!!! You couldn't pay me to ride anything else.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
This is so good to here. I'm ready to update.

You might say I built my sled. A few years back, no sled was good enough to ride stock. Modding was the word. Now it's over for me. I want a stock M-8. No more loud pipes, no more jetting, no more running board mods, no power tweeks, not even bar risers. I'll get a new sled now and then ''if'' I don't have to spend more money and time on them , just to get arround in the mountains.

Owen

Mr. BB

Premium Member
Sep 7, 2009
Love my '09 M8, except.......

I love the M8's, even my '07 now with the suspension mods as per Snotech. Love my '09 M8 except for the loading up. The 1st year I changed plugs every 200 miles to keep it running good. I know there's been several sleds like this, but it seems to be in the minority. Some think it is the oil pump. So I checked oil/fuel ratio and it was 36:1 which doesn't seem bad to me. My '07 runs at 32:1, slight loading up in certain situations, nothing I can't live with. I turned the oil flow down on the '09 to 40:1 which helped,but still not right. I change plugs at 400 miles now instead of 200, but I worry that it might be to lean at some rpms. So would like to hear what other people are doing about this. Don't really want to add oil to fuel tank, but may. If I do I was going to leave oil pump working as usual, but divert oil from going into cylinders back into oil tank. Anybody have any luck with changing oil pump? The 2010's are having the same problem, so getting a good oil pump sounds like a crap shoot. One local tuner said he got rid of all his sleds nonsense (overloading) when he added a Boondocker. Never the less I love this '09 and will continue to ride it for another couple years, see if Cat can get rid of this problem.

J

jfox1995

Jan 12, 2008
My goal buying a 08 m10 was to leave it stock. I wanted to be able to put gas and oil in and just ride. The thing is so rich that I have to carry a box of spare plugs with me just to make it through the week. My dealer is useless for technical advice. If they didn't sponser my nephew for motocross I wouldn't set foot in there. Problem is that I absolutly love the way it rides. I have ridden everything except a Yamaha and wouldn't choose a different chassis to ride. I guess it is time to spend some money to make it run properly....so much for stock.

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
Own both an M and an XP. Will say that I like the XP better for handling and power but have had many, many issues with it. Blown motors, clutches, etc.... The M has been completely trouble free. runs like a top every time. Really thinking about getting another and dumping this XP.

Premium Features