• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinions on your 2010 M8

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Got in about 25 miles of trail riding yesterday, just some early break-in riding. Coming off a 07 d7, I love the pull. It felt pretty snappy on the low end to me. Can't wait to get off trail and try it in the powder (if it ever comes).

So what is your initial opinion of the 2010 M8? How would you compare it to an 09 M8?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I see your in colorado ,,what elevation are you riding and what weights are in the clutch???? and what RPM did you see???

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
hm

got 25 miles on my 2010 m8 sno pro, coming from a 2008 m8, i will say i love the new reverse, and i kept kicking my tunnel trying to beat the snow out (where the seat isnt anymore lol) other then that THIS THING RIPS!!!! it feels like my track has lost 20 pounds of rotational mass and it just spools up right away! i was in 6 feet of fresh that was eating everyones lunch!!!! thing jumps outa the snow like no sled ive ever ridde. was hard to ride there was so much snow i was blind every time i let off!!!!! wooohooo! what a break in!

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
There more than likely arent going to be any problems with the crank, they took weight out, but didnt affect its structural strength.

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I see your in colorado ,,what elevation are you riding and what weights are in the clutch???? and what RPM did you see???

I rode from 9500 to about 11,500k feet and it was all trail. Not really enough snow off trail to do anything without worrying about tearing up equipment. Didn't get into any powder and didn't really stab the throttle too much as I was breaking it in, so not sure about rpm's. The clutch is stock clutching from the dealer and I am not sure about the weights. I guess I should look into that for future reference and tuning. Sorry, not much valuable feedback here.

A
Dec 13, 2007
Wasilla
had 2 problems on 1st ride.

Rear fox float wont hold air on first ride. Had to pump it up 4 times and every time it would leak down and sack out the rear. I hope the dealer will just give me a new shock under warranty since it only has 14 miles on it and not try to rebuild it.

Also had a throttle bog. low RPM going to 1/2 throttle. Intermitently would fall on its face. Only way to make it come back alive was to blip the throttle several times. Didn't happen all the time, but often enough to piss me off.:mad: Thought maybe the WOT switch in the throttle block was causing it, but it seems fine.

Anyone else have trouble with their's???

Other than that, the sled felt great.

I

I_boondock

Nov 6, 2001
Anchorage, AK
Very nice

I have an LE. I've been riding M sleds since they came out. This one is the best out of the box performer I've been on.

I added side vents and Dalton adjustable weights. I've got just over 60 miles on it now. I had to start adding weight to the primary at 30 miles. These things are going to rip once they're broke in.

Break-in rides for me were one day of deep snow and one day of insanely deep snow. The sled jumps up quick and then just keeps on pulling. Huge powerband.

Making some belt dust, so there's some improvements to be made in the clutching. But I know I would have grenaded several belts on my previous sleds in the same conditions. Wet, sticky, all the vents plugged powder. AC got pretty close with the clutching.

Couple of video links. Lots of fun. No footage of mine, because I was behind the camera. But, the blue M in the first vid is also a '10.

The first vid was the insanely deep day, the second one was just deep.:beer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sJ_fcTvsf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLeeI5z_5Uc

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i've got just over 70 miles in two rides...first 25-30 the engine/track was real tight, then loosened up and seemed very strong....at 10.5k in the first 25 miles it would hit 7950, only held it there for 5 seconds or so, just enough to stabilize it.....second ride at the same altitude it was getting 8050 rpm...all clutching stock....:face-icon-small-ton

WYrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Gillette, WY
I have 10 miles on my 010 M8 riding on good powder drifts. coming off an 05 rev the chassis is much better for to pull over and side hill. Its even way better then the wifes M7. Did not get to test the engine out much as we where only able to ride the ditches. Needing to get up again and put some more breakin miles on it before the snow starts coming again.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I have an LE. I've been riding M sleds since they came out. This one is the best out of the box performer I've been on.

I added side vents and Dalton adjustable weights. I've got just over 60 miles on it now. I had to start adding weight to the primary at 30 miles. These things are going to rip once they're broke in.

Break-in rides for me were one day of deep snow and one day of insanely deep snow. The sled jumps up quick and then just keeps on pulling. Huge powerband.

Making some belt dust, so there's some improvements to be made in the clutching. But I know I would have grenaded several belts on my previous sleds in the same conditions. Wet, sticky, all the vents plugged powder. AC got pretty close with the clutching.

Couple of video links. Lots of fun. No footage of mine, because I was behind the camera. But, the blue M in the first vid is also a '10.

The first vid was the insanely deep day, the second one was just deep.:beer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sJ_fcTvsf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLeeI5z_5Uc

Yah .I saw your video,s . I hope you all get the FLU!,No snow for us yet however you probably gathered that from the tone ...!Nice job

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
i've got just over 70 miles in two rides...first 25-30 the engine/track was real tight, then loosened up and seemed very strong....at 10.5k in the first 25 miles it would hit 7950, only held it there for 5 seconds or so, just enough to stabilize it.....second ride at the same altitude it was getting 8050 rpm...all clutching stock....:face-icon-small-ton

Mine came stock at 6-9K ft at 10.5k did you have the 63g arms instead of the 68g ???? and if so I I wondered about the rpm as Im told the motor needs 82-8300 RPM

R
Feb 17, 2008
Hilliard, AB
Had mine in Revelstoke a couple weeks ago. About 150 miles now and wow! This sled flat out rips. Impressed with the durability, minus the handlebars that I snapped. But I ran over trees and bounced off some more and it impressed me a lot. This motor is full of power. Not sure what the clutching is like as I cannot really see my gauge while riding. Super impressed. Here's a couple videos of some chitty riding. Not used to this chassis. It's new to me, I came off a '98 RMK 700.

R
Feb 17, 2008
Hilliard, AB
Had mine in Revelstoke a couple weeks ago. About 150 miles now and wow! This sled flat out rips. Impressed with the durability, minus the handlebars that I snapped. But I ran over trees and bounced off some more and it impressed me a lot. This motor is full of power. Not sure what the clutching is like as I cannot really see my gauge while riding. Super impressed. Here's a couple videos of some chitty riding. Not used to this chassis. It's new to me, I came off a '98 RMK 700.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iA0BTvyoV0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEqEyDYqYeg

tsnowak

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Rear fox float wont hold air on first ride. Had to pump it up 4 times and every time it would leak down and sack out the rear. I hope the dealer will just give me a new shock under warranty since it only has 14 miles on it and not try to rebuild it.

Add 2-3 oz. Fox Float fluid to air chamber, this will lube air seals and keep er from bleeding down. They dont put enough in from factory.

Also had a throttle bog. low RPM going to 1/2 throttle. Intermitently would fall on its face. Only way to make it come back alive was to blip the throttle several times. Didn't happen all the time, but often enough to piss me off.:mad: Thought maybe the WOT switch in the throttle block was causing it, but it seems fine.

Check powervalve cable length, few have left out of adjustment.

Anyone else have trouble with their's???

Other than that, the sled felt great.

\\\

tsnowak

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
got 25 miles on my 2010 m8 sno pro, coming from a 2008 m8, i will say i love the new reverse, and i kept kicking my tunnel trying to beat the snow out (where the seat isnt anymore lol) other then that THIS THING RIPS!!!! it feels like my track has lost 20 pounds of rotational mass and it just spools up right away! i was in 6 feet of fresh that was eating everyones lunch!!!! thing jumps outa the snow like no sled ive ever ridde. was hard to ride there was so much snow i was blind every time i let off!!!!! wooohooo! what a break in!

Riding in T-pass? What RPM were you pulling at full shift out? thanks

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Got the new SnoPro 162 and let me say, it looks great in the garage and feels good to!! Dang Minnesota weather, can't wait to get out west!!!!

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
i am in colorado too, i got the 68's and i am at 9000-11000 ft. since i got my guage cage i could only see about 8000 rpm

I just put 65g in mine hope it pulls 82-8300RPM ,,,Glad you told me this I was thinking the 68 were to heavy ,,but dont know why they would want to go all the way down to 63 acording to the chart???

And what did you guys think of your skis???

Last edited:
Premium Features