• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 electric reverse kit

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
This is Awesome!

This is Awesome if it works.

Please keep us posted on the changes. Also let us know if it works on the 07's.

Good news!! If true.

Thunder

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
it WILL NOT work on the 07s, as the mother board in the ECU is not capable... the 08 is, thus why it works.

sorry 07 guys...

as for the secondary, all you need is an 09 helix... :D

i should have the install complete by tomorrow afternoon and i'll report if i can now go backwards again... Fingers crossed!!!!! :D

A
Nov 30, 2007
Alberta
it WILL NOT work on the 07s, as the mother board in the ECU is not capable... the 08 is, thus why it works.

sorry 07 guys...

i should have the install complete by tomorrow afternoon and i'll report if i can now go backwards again... Fingers crossed!!!!! :D

So could you update the motherboard or change the ECU to an '08 or '09?

Ajay

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
So could you update the motherboard or change the ECU to an '08 or '09?

Ajay

I'm sure if you got an 08 ECU it would work but now your back to talking about large $$$$$.

sorry 07 guys...

quick, thanks for the info, we don't have an 07 in the group so hadn't crossed that bridge yet.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Quick I take it you did your own kit. Is it just a wire from the reverse switch to the ECU? If its really that easy I will pull my servo motor and other items used for the mechanical reverse and just use the electric.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Quick I take it you did your own kit. Is it just a wire from the reverse switch to the ECU? If its really that easy I will pull my servo motor and other items used for the mechanical reverse and just use the electric.

not my own kit - i thought i'd give credit where credit is due. I bought it from Jeff at Dakato. hopefully the instructions and parts get here today or tomorrow. i picked up a new helix from BDX too and my reflash is already done... so fingercrossed it works and that all the parts show in time. :eek: I'm heading on a trip here in two more days so they better show soon!

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
just a wire and instructions and the helix. easy to install. Call Jeff. He came up with it and we should pay him for the kit. i just bought instructions and the wiring from him and it was $59. :D get the helix from BDX

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
oiler?

does the oil pump work with this set up in reverse?

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
does the oil pump work with this set up in reverse?

don't know. i was wondering that myself. Can anyone tell us? it still smokes in reverse when its cold? I haven't kept in reverse long just cause i wondered about it? Can anyone confirm?

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Hate to tell you this mrquik but the oil pump is different i think.
2009 pn#3007-723
2008 pn#3007-622
they connect a little different but it looks like you may be able to change to 09 pump as far as i could tell all other parts are the same with the same numbers, maybe check it out i am not totally sure but that what it looks like to me, the pump is different but for reason i am not 100% on that.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Hate to tell you this mrquik but the oil pump is different i think.
2009 pn#3007-723
2008 pn#3007-622
they connect a little different but it looks like you may be able to change to 09 pump as far as i could tell all other parts are the same with the same numbers, maybe check it out i am not totally sure but that what it looks like to me, the pump is different but for reason i am not 100% on that.

hmmm. i will call Jeff and ask him about that. I road whistler all weekend and used reverse a few times and she kept using oil, so it doesn't seem to be adding air into the lines???

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Last edited:
Premium Features