• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1000 in M7 Issues Ideas

S
Apr 20, 2018
Michigan
Thinking about putting a XF 1000 motor in a M7,
The M7 is super clean kinda low on power, that is why ....
are there threads about this already... seems like a seen a motor mount
that was to help with this change over????

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I put a M1000 based motor (it was a 1300 BB)in a M7. It was a lot of work but not tough. Like said, it’s expensive unless you already have all the parts. Ask your questions and I’ll respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Apr 20, 2018
Michigan
parts....

I put a M1000 based motor (it was a 1300 BB)in a M7. It was a lot of work but not tough. Like said, it’s expensive unless you already have all the parts. Ask your questions and I’ll respond.

Hi
Thanks for your insight....
Doner Crossfire 2007 1000 complete sled

1)Are there Wiring harness issues?
the M is either a 06 or 07
2) I've seen some notes about extra motor mounts, although many use extra on there M or XF 1000's already
3) any extra stiffing/reinforcements required

This could be fun ....
Craig

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Hi

Thanks for your insight....

Doner Crossfire 2007 1000 complete sled

1)Are there Wiring harness issues?

the M is either a 06 or 07

2) I've seen some notes about extra motor mounts, although many use extra on there M or XF 1000's already

3) any extra stiffing/reinforcements required

This could be fun ....

Craig

I’m not sure in what way the XF may be different than the M, so what I say may be a little different than what you’re doing.

Swap the entire wiring harnesses, including handlebar controls. They’re different enough you pretty much have to. In fact all of the electrical needs to be swapped (ecu, ccu, coils, of course).

As far as motor mounts, beneath your clutches on the M7 you have the mounting plate with 2 rubber mounts. The M1000 has a plate with 3, but the 2 existing ones line up perfect with the m1000, so you just need to fab the 3rd out of aluminum and get it welded into place. You’ll also have to fab another one that goes just below your coolant bottle and a little towards the center and get that welded onto the bulkhead. Be very careful welding this one because it is basically on top of your front heat exchanger in the tunnel and if you burn a hole in it you are SCREWED!! It’s part of the entire bulkhead so fixing it would be a MAJOR PAIN IN THE A$$. The opening to your recoil on the side will need to be enlarged a bit, the servo motor relocated, and maybe your steering rod (mine did on the 1300, maybe not needed on a stock 1000). Those were the major things. Do a search for the thread I did called Building my M. It has some pictures and other details. It was a TON of work for a guy in his garage but I have ABSOLUTELY LOVED that sled. It’s been sad parting it out

Premium Features