• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Huge shout out to mtntk!! Polaris axys 800

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Bought a sled this year, 2016 axys, with mtntk turbo. Delivered the sled to mtntk over the summer and had them install there fix kit with the 100 gram lighter pistons. They also installed the 2019 turbo updates which moved the injectors for stock like starting characteristics since some of the older kits were hard starting. After some ECM updates the sled runs amazing. Shawn has been outstanding to work with and I would buy another kit from him in a heartbeat. He tuned my sled until the tuning was excellent. The fix kit is awesome with the lighter pistons and runs very smooth with no vibration and revs quick. The turbo kit is top notch, well built, and I really like the additional cooler they installed, never runs over 125 degrees even in marginal snow. Power is crisp, amazingly smooth and powerful. I have no association with mtntk and usually never do a write up but these guys are deserving of it. Tuning will be done in the near future for the doo 850 and pro 850 and I would highly recommend them. They do answer the phone and they will take care of ya.

Last edited:

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
There’s 2019 updates? I would sure like to know what all is involved. I just got a flash about a month ago and it’s good, not quite as good as stock or sibler/boondocker.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
There’s 2019 updates? I would sure like to know what all is involved. I just got a flash about a month ago and it’s good, not quite as good as stock or sibler/boondocker.

My sled was the first one they did with the 2019 updates. They did not want to sell a lot until we got the tune dialed in but its awesome now and starts like stock. The updates relocate the injectors to a new spot. I love this mtntk kit.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
where is the new injector location? downstream of throttle bodies? because i believe that’s the core issue is injectors being upstream of throttle plates

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
So, when did they provide these updates to your sled?

Shawn has a upgrade kit available. New fuel rail, lines and tune. Puts the injectors back in the stock location. Helps with starting. I just installed mine this weekend. Haven't ridden it yet. Call Shawn.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Bought a sled this year, 2016 axys, with mtntk turbo. Delivered the sled to mtntk over the summer and had them install there fix kit with the 100 gram lighter pistons. They also installed the 2019 turbo updates which moved the injectors for stock like starting characteristics since some of the older kits were hard starting. After some ECM updates the sled runs amazing. Shawn has been outstanding to work with and I would buy another kit from him in a heartbeat. He tuned my sled until the tuning was excellent. The fix kit is awesome with the lighter pistons and runs very smooth with no vibration and revs quick. The turbo kit is top notch, well built, and I really like the additional cooler they installed, never runs over 125 degrees even in marginal snow. Power is crisp, amazingly smooth and powerful. I have no association with mtntk and usually never do a write up but these guys are deserving of it. Tuning will be done in the near future for the doo 850 and pro 850 and I would highly recommend them. They do answer the phone and they will take care of ya.
How much Boost are you running?

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
9-10 psi on mine, zero issues, we have had silber, boondocker, both intercooled max kit and side kick's and by far the intercooled mountaintec is the best turbo we have had yet, 3 in out group now have them, all flawless.

Premium Features