• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4130 Apex-pro by Powerhouse Customs

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Very nice build

Icr,
Is that your black and green powerhouse custom apex?
Looks to be put together very well. Good job!!!
How much have you rode it?
What's the handling like?

Cpt Ron,
If we've got this thread headed in the wrong direction let me know and I can start a new one somewhere else???

I've been thinking about putting my 1100 Cat motor (its what I have) in this chassis but have to admit the Yamaha motor is most likely the better bet. If I was riding one (never owned one) I'd be getting this chassis to swap everything from the old chassis to this new chassis.

It would be nice to get to go for a qiuck ride on one just to feel how it handles.

Any ride reports or reviews out there?

Thanks

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
It is mine. The handling is about what you'd expect, it feels like a bigger, heavier pro. I took apart an apex with cr tunnel, m10 and timbersled front end to build it. It handles much better than the apex did but the 36" front end is too narrow. I like that width on stock pros but on this sled the center of gravity is higher and the sled gets past the tipping point on its side and is difficult to stand back up if in a right area where I can't use a lot of throttle. The sled ended up heavier than I wanted but there's still more places to save weight.

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
All good

Cpt Ron,
If we've got this thread headed in the wrong direction let me know and I can start a new one somewhere else???

I've been thinking about putting my 1100 Cat motor (its what I have) in this chassis but have to admit the Yamaha motor is most likely the better bet. If I was riding one (never owned one) I'd be getting this chassis to swap everything from the old chassis to this new chassis.

It would be nice to get to go for a qiuck ride on one just to feel how it handles.

Any ride reports or reviews out there?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

D1100

No worries on the thread, it is all good!!

The Yamaha Apex engine is an excellent engine, responds well to Boosted applications and is very reliable!

Hopefully we will get some fresh snow soon and we can all get back to riding. Check in with us the next time you are in town, perhaps we can get out for a ride together.

Cheers

CR

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Coppertone Build Project

Too cold to go sledding so we might as well get along with the next build Project. This one well utilize the trusty powerful Boosted Yamaha apex engine, as usual. She will be sporting a Sexy Coppertone tan finish with black. Most of our usual products going into this build; Racer's Edge rear suspension with a 174" Camo wrapped around it, Timbersled Barkbuster front suspension, Raptor shocks all around, USI Ski's, our Turbo system with our Standalone Ignition/Fuel system. Yamaha Nytro hood with our side panels and enclosed clutch can system.

She is looking sexy already!! Loving the Red Raptors!

Cheers

CR

PHC00614 Feb 06 008.jpg PHC00614 Feb 06 007.jpg PHC00614 Feb 06 009.jpg PHC00614 Feb 06 010.jpg PHC00614 Feb 06 011.jpg

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Couple of pics

Here are a couple of pictures of Laird's new Sled away from the Shop. The Standalone Fuel/Ignition system is all tuned up, the sled is running great and making excellent power. Couple of pics at the parking lot and one climbing out of a small canyon in our DEEP Revy snow last weekend.

We are really liking our newest chassis, smallest and lightest to date.

Cheers

DSC_0267 (80).jpg DSC_0269 (82).jpg DSC_0254 (67).jpg

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
Rode with a buddy that just got his sled from powerhouse-Lcc the thing is crazy awesome what a sled

sent from God

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Haaha

That's crazy , so a standalone fuel system does work in a mountain sled , not just for drag racing at sea level ,who would of thought , glad its working good for ya .

Right on Gunner! Yes they do work, as you well know! Hahahaha

We absolutely love our Standalone Ignition/Fuel system, it works awesome, ..we have enjoyed the learning curve, and to be honest, it has made us better tuners! We look forward to continuing along this path and integrating other technologies that exist from outside the Sled world so to speak, there is some pretty cool stuff out there in other forms of motorsports that are, or could be applicable.

Cheers

CR

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Powerhouse custom test ride

I rode Lairds Powerhouse custom sled this weekend.
The sled is very well built, thought out and put together very well.
It's an amazing peace of work.
Works very well in all conditions.
I was there when it climbed out the top of the 90, very hard pull in the deep soft snow that day.

Great group of guys with some very stronge running sleds.

Thanks guys for letting us tag along with your group and for giving me the chance to ride Lairds sled.

Last edited:
C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Excellent

Excellent, ..good to hear that you enjoyed the day! Be sure to check in with us anytime that you are back in town, you guys are welcome to ride along with us anytime.

Give us a call anytime to discuss your project.

Cheers

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Been awhile...

It has been awhile since I updated this thread on our chassis builds. The 2015 chassis's are coming along nicely, I should have more to post in the coming weeks as this Pro-Pex comes together. With two chassis's yet to finish before the snow arrives, which gauging by the mountain tops this morning, is coming soon!. This particular sled will be one of our classic Pro's, with Turbo'd Yamaha Apex power, 174x15x3" track, Racer's Edge rear suspension on Ice Age rails, 38" Barkbuster front suspension, Raptor shocks all around. Just finished the running boards today, steering tomorrow then on to mounting the Turbo and building the header.
Be sure to check with us for any sled performance products that you may require. We are Dealers for MCX Turbos, Silber Turbos and Impulse Turbo's. We are also the Authorized Timbersled Mountain Horse Dealer for Revelstoke and area, our 2015 Snow-bike kits will be in soon. Check with us for Bike Kits and performance parts as well. Watch for our KTM Project bike build including a 570 Big Bore. Stoked for the upcoming season! Cheers!

Chassis update Oct 2 14 004.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
That thing is looking awesome. You guys are definitely putting together some nice stuff.

But fyi, don't even bother with the red shocks, send them to jake and get them swapped for blacks. Given 1 season on the snow/trailer etc in the sun and they start to fade pink. Red anodizing is pretty miserable for light fastness. Even good red ano just does not hold up more then 2 seasons on the snow if well covered.

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Red Anodizing

WHM, we have had good success with Jake's red anodizing, after a season of riding they are still as bright as new, however, most sleds up here do not see any salty highways, perhaps that is your culprit.
Cheers!

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Plastic all mounted

The plastic is all mounted now. Also lots of small items done that don't show up in pictures, mounting tabs and braces added. Clutch guard is built, still have some fabricating to do but should be disassembling for finish welding end of next week. Then off to the Powder Coater's. Should be ready for mid November snow!

Chassis update Oct 2 14 013.jpg Chassis update Oct 2 14 014.jpg Chassis update Oct 2 14 015.jpg

Premium Features