• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rider moves bars alot on 2019 summit vidio?

C
Dec 27, 2012
I dont know anything about the gen 4 summit. I am on a 2017 cat 8000 snopro and my front feels a bit heavy. Doing research to decide if I am
going to get a summit. When watching gen 4 summit vidios the rider moves
the bars alot? Why does the rider keep doing this? I like everything else about
the summit but wonder about the bars and steering. thanx

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I dont know anything about the gen 4 summit. I am on a 2017 cat 8000 snopro and my front feels a bit heavy. Doing research to decide if I am
going to get a summit. When watching gen 4 summit vidios the rider moves
the bars alot? Why does the rider keep doing this? I like everything else about
the summit but wonder about the bars and steering. thanx

Ski doos have more feedback thru the bars then the cat are Polaris. Thats why you see that in videos. Thats my observation. Plus the vertical vs horizontal post makes it more noticeable in the video.

G
Jan 15, 2009
Vail
Just got a 2019 850 3 weeks ago. The bars move a lot more than my 2018 mountain cat for two reasons in my mind: the front end is lighter on the 850 and the 850 takes more counter steer to pull over.

For the record, I still have both sleds and hop back and forth on rides. I like them both except for the fact that my SHOT has stopped working and I am still in break in mode.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Because the chassis isn't as stable on a sidehill. It's easier to get on its side but harder to keep it there. Worth the trade off? Depends on your skill set

C
Dec 27, 2012
could the t motion have something to do with the bars moving alot
because I have seen other vidios and the bars are rock solid and do not
move at all?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
think your talking about my video, number one it is very icy and quite steep and crossing lots of iced over punched out tracks. The sled is effortless to do this on the new 2020 but the 360 proto camera I am using catches different angles and I would agree that it seems more the way the Ski-Doo turns over the other brands. It does not feel like it when your riding it. I was also going as slow as possible as it is easy to side hill with speed, but slow you have to keep it there with technique which i was doing to show the new front end.

Premium Features