Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-2011, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 09:58 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
arcticprather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arctic cat m6 more power

I'm trying to find something to get more power out of my arctic cat m6. not looking for alot of power maybe like 25 more horse power any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Currently: black has no shadow
SLEDIOT has a reputation beyond reputeSLEDIOT has a reputation beyond reputeSLEDIOT has a reputation beyond reputeSLEDIOT has a reputation beyond reputeSLEDIOT has a reputation beyond reputeSLEDIOT has a reputation beyond reputeSLEDIOT has a reputation beyond reputeSLEDIOT has a reputation beyond reputeSLEDIOT has a reputation beyond reputeSLEDIOT has a reputation beyond reputeSLEDIOT has a reputation beyond repute

I think you can put 800 jugs and pistons on it and reflash the ECU for an M8. Not sure but heard my buddy talking about doing it to his. I could be wrong

Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Currently: 2013 Sno Pro SX, 2011 XF8
Basic Member
Crossfire Ditchbanger has a reputation beyond reputeCrossfire Ditchbanger has a reputation beyond reputeCrossfire Ditchbanger has a reputation beyond reputeCrossfire Ditchbanger has a reputation beyond reputeCrossfire Ditchbanger has a reputation beyond reputeCrossfire Ditchbanger has a reputation beyond reputeCrossfire Ditchbanger has a reputation beyond reputeCrossfire Ditchbanger has a reputation beyond reputeCrossfire Ditchbanger has a reputation beyond reputeCrossfire Ditchbanger has a reputation beyond reputeCrossfire Ditchbanger has a reputation beyond repute
Default 700

700 top end it seams are what most people go with. if you have a pipe temp sensor cant reflash your ecu and you have to buy one from a 700. honestly thought about doing this for about a year, finally traded for a 800. WAY easier, and worth the extra cost. Everybody will tell you to trade for a m8, and my thoughts were no way, i can make it a 700 way cheaper, but most of em know what they are talking about.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:36 AM
Currently: Riding and Deciding
Mjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond repute

A M8 top end will not bolt on, a M7 will. I couldn't find anyone that could reflash the ecu when I did this to my M6, so I got a M7 ecu. The only other change I had to make was clutching.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Currently: Daydreaming about deep powder
Basic Member
98gtlights has a reputation beyond repute98gtlights has a reputation beyond repute98gtlights has a reputation beyond repute98gtlights has a reputation beyond repute98gtlights has a reputation beyond repute98gtlights has a reputation beyond repute98gtlights has a reputation beyond repute98gtlights has a reputation beyond repute98gtlights has a reputation beyond repute98gtlights has a reputation beyond repute98gtlights has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticprather View Post
I'm trying to find something to get more power out of my arctic cat m6. not looking for alot of power maybe like 25 more horse power any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
25hp would be alot of power. To get that you will have to do some kind of big bore. You would be better off finding a donor motor from a 7 or 8. With the time and $$$ you will have in it you will wish you would have sold it and bought a new sled. You have clutching and gearing to also consider. I don't mean to rain on your parade but 25hp outta a 6 is asking alot.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Currently: Dreaming of riding in deep, deep powder!
Frostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond repute

Swap out your 10" secondary for a 10.4" and your sled will feel like you are more than halfway there!

The Following User Says Thank You to Frostbite For This Useful Post:
SLEDIOT (02-02-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Currently: close to the edge
Basic Member
ezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond repute

used 700 jugs and a used fuel controller 139hp
lots of parted f7/m7 out there now days.
your jugs and pistons will off set the cost a bit I would bet when all said and done with some time invested in the swap sections on all the sites u will be less than 500bucks.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Currently: close to the edge
Basic Member
ezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond reputeezra has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/s...d.php?t=337643

like this almost there
buy this and sell yours now all u need is a fuel controler I bet 30sec of looking I can find one for under 100

Old 02-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Currently: Having an awesome start to winter!
RobertTrivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeRobertTrivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeRobertTrivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeRobertTrivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeRobertTrivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeRobertTrivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeRobertTrivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeRobertTrivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeRobertTrivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeRobertTrivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeRobertTrivanovic has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

This doesnt really suit the not to much more power thing (neither does the 25horse you want though) but just turbo the thing! And if you dont want to do that then I would honestly just try to find an M7 or M8 around. Id be willing to bet you could sell yours for close to the cost of a M7 orM8 and then just add a couple hundred. So many good deals out there and it will be more worth your time and money. And will last you longer in the long run so you wont keep searching for power.