• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kudos to KLIM

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Last week I created a negative thread on a warranty review towards KLIM that was a little extreme. I was having some personal issues that I let take control of my post. There is no excuse for how I worded everything. Anyways, a regional manager for KLIM pm’ed me and looked into my warranty claim and we worked things out professionally.

Just wanted to let everyone on here know that I manned up, calmed down, expressed my thoughts differently over a separate email to the KLIM rep. My bibs that were sent in have normal wear and tear, but obvious fabric defects that aren’t related to normal wear and tear after 1 ride. KLIM is looking into why the fabric is failing. I also blew up over the repair costs on the small tears, finding out its more extensive than just a patch.

Kudos for the regional manager to contact me!

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
After a day or two thinking about this... the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I paid $550 bucks for a fresh pair of Togotee bibs. After 3 rides I had holes wearing through the inner liner because the fabric was "reacting" with the velcro on my knee pad. Cost me $140 or so to get knee patches.

First thing they did when I sent the bibs in was to email and ask me if I wear knee braces. I knew exactly where this was going. Looking for a scapegoat.

All in all I understand, but with the way it was handled I could tell they deal with this hundreds/thousands of time. Put some fricken fabric there that doesn't stick to velcro!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Which pair did you have (initial post)?

Ive been debating swapping my 509 stoke for klim bibs just cuz I hear great things about Klim gear (currently have their boots, gloves and backpack).

However, there is some very expensive sets and some around the price of my stoke so not sure yet.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Didn't know klim had boobs. Maybe I'll get my wife a pair. How much are they?
On a serious note, I have always liked klim stuff the best. Spendy but good. Currently sporting the lochsa. Had stealth bibs and loved the mobility and fit but not as durable. A couple holes in coat and bibs. The lochsa is like the Valdez jacket. Tough as nails. You have to make the choice of flexibility or mobility.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
On a serious note, I have always liked klim stuff the best. Spendy but good. Currently sporting the lochsa. Had stealth bibs and loved the mobility and fit but not as durable. A couple holes in coat and bibs. The lochsa is like the Valdez jacket. Tough as nails. You have to make the choice of flexibility or mobility.
I switched over from my Togwotee Bibs and Valdez Jacket this year to the Lochsa as well.

DANG, but I love that new suit.!

50055572_2050843231635728_5801292161559298048_o.jpg

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Please comment more on the Locha I'm looking at getting one my ten year old Klim bib and jacket needs replacing. They have served me well.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
What size are you? The first one I bought was an xl and it was way too baggy so I sold it. It was the first year model. In my stealth gear I wear a xl jacket and large bibs. 6'1" and 175 to 180 at the moment. Bought the large lochsa. The lochsa also has the good zip up gaiters like on the stealth gear. The ripsaw has velcro gaitors. Also like the hood. I don't wear hats and my buddy was giving me the boost roost trying to get his sled sawed out of trench. Put hood on and didn't matter. They are the best thing going even if your buddies raz you.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon

Hahah good catch. I too wish they sold those. Cheaper than the last set I bought. Lol

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I would take the 1 piece any day. Just have to live with your buddies giving you sh!t. I wanted coat and pants but had to put the bib portion back on on my stealth gear because I have no hips and pants were always falling down. Same thing at work. I tell everyone I can only charge them for a half a day because I spend the other half pulling my pants up.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I would need a 2xl maybe short or reg I'm 5-10 inseam 29 and 38 waist short legs long torso weight 260. Have tried on a Xl just a little tight so I'm thinking haydays next fall at Klim booth. Locha, boots and maybe a new lid also. I heard Klim may be coming with a heated goggles also.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You match about as good as my blue one does on my alpha. I love mine. Bought my wife the RIP saw and she loves it.

He he
I thought I was buying a RED summit this year and ordered the new suit and helmet to go with it, but got a much better deal on the blue sled..

Oh well!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As for the suit..
I have work the Togwotee bibs and Valdez jacket combination for 8 or 9 seasons.

I am 6ft 195lbs

Normally I wear all Medium in KLIM, but I opted for a large Lochsa and absolutely love it. It is hands down THE most comfortable sledding outfit I have ever worn, and the temp regulation has been nothing short of amazing. Haven’t been HOT or COLD yet! And even though it’s made out of the same killer material that the Valdez jacket it, the Lochsa FEELS much much lighter to wear and ride.

869c2f24d9151bfc51d713ddcc8761bb.jpg

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Christopher we match! Except my sled is black/red/ white Haha.
ff2f871f0f4d4dee88137fa015021605.jpg

I have had great luck with Klim products. This new Lochsa is such an improvement over the old one. I love being able to remove the hood, the more durable material and beacon pocket is sweet! Overall very impressed and the F5 helmet is my favorite!

Last edited:
J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
I need to get some new outerwear for sledding, I've been riding in my lightweight ski jacket and pants and know that if I keep it up I'm going to shred them in the trees and on the running boards. I'm trying to decide between the Valdez/Togwatee combo or the Lochsa. I don't think I can find a Lochsa to try on but I liked the fit in the Valdez in XL and the Togwatee in L. Any ideas what size I should try in the Lochsa? I'm 5'9" and currently 205 so maybe a little thicker but a little shorter than Christopher.

@Christopher, it looks like you're wearing knee braces under your suit, how's the fit over the braces?

@Summit74 or Christopher, can either of you comment on the sizing on the F5 compared to the F3? I wasn't able to find an F5 to try on but one of the local dealers had an F3 and it fit well in a medium.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give!

Last edited:

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
@Christopher, it looks like you're wearing knee braces under your suit, how's the fit over the braces?

@Summit74 or Christopher, can either of you comment on the sizing on the F5 compared to the F3? I wasn't able to find an F5 to try on but one of the local dealers had an F3 and it fit well in a medium.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give![/QUOTE]

I can’t comment on the F3, never owned one or tried it.
In the Lochsa I bought a large, I’m 6’1 215 and it fits me almost perfect, I wear Troy lee knee guards (mtn bike version), the knee pads that come in the suit I take out. I would think you will want to be in a medium suit, check the klim size chart. I feel the waist, chest measurements were pretty accurate. Also check you tube for some review videos, might gain some insight from them also.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I'm a large jacket and bibs guy. (6'0'', 190#) When I add a tekvest inside, then XL on the jacket. (Stealth jacket, Tog bibs) Great set up.

Moved to a large Lochsa this year - a little big in the waist, but no mobility issues that way. Liking the built in beacon pocket and straps. Tekvest inside, BCA pack on my back. Love it !!

Premium Features