• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tools??

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
Not sure if you know, dont ever carry anything in a tunnel case loose. Basically a cement mixer type environment on steroids. I fill my pelicans packed tight full so nothing can move.

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
Thanks for the photos. How do you embed photos into your post? Each time I attach photos they get linked and only show when clicked.

Also, how do you attach your Pelican without drilling into the body...this would make it less water proof if you went into a creek.

I drilled into the body of the pelican case. the holes are so small/tight around the bolts that youd need to spend all day with the skid submerged in the creek for it to fill up. made some very simple home made mounts to attach to the yeti rack. they have worked well for a full season so far other than rusting a little. otherwise yeah some silicone or even a rubber washer would help a ton.

and yes, like mentioned pack the case tight which is fairly easy. I need to press down on my lid quite hard to get it to buckle up. perfect. the foam in the lid helps a lot too. these pelican cases are awesome.

as far as the pictures. the way I do it is upload them on https://postimages.org/ and paste the "hotlink for forums" code here. super easy, faster than individually uploading each one here and WAY easier for us members to view them...clicking each individual link then the back button to get back to the forum just to click the second link really sucks. ive noticed with guys that post 6-10 pics that the last few pics have barely any views compared to the first few... people get bored and frustrated with having to click each one individually im sure.

Last edited:
C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
I’m kind of digging the no case approach on one of these. The folding one seems great too. These are very high quality tools.

Some of those look pretty cool, and functional.

Will say that most of the zip-ups that use elastic to hold the sockets/bits are a pain in the ass, as the elastic doesn't hold the stuff in place worth a crap.

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
Tools

There are several ways to create storage on your snowbike without putting it on your back. I have a small tank bag that was intended for ATVs and a fender bag on the front. The tank bag has extra goggles, headlamp, large LED helmet lamp, and fire starting tools(lighter and matches-chances of staying drier right in front of me). The fender bag has folding saw, tow straps, rope, and toilet paper. The Pelican box is for tools, lunch, and water bottles. Can put extra (thin) jacket in there to keep things from rattling. I haven't acquired a handle bar bag but could add one very easily.
Don't worry, my extra fuel can mounts in front of the Pelican box. It just happened to not be on there when the picture was taken.
Just different things to consider when you feel the need to pack some extra gear and/or tools.
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!:)

IMG_1433 copy.jpg

R
Apr 18, 2016
For the bike portion of my tool kit, I empty my camelback for dirtbike riding into my tunnel box minus the tire repair items. When I work on my bike, I do most of my work out of my camelback tools so I know the kit has everything I need in it. I don't carry all the custom pullers and the weirdo stuff, but I do have an old Makita drill bag that I keep in my truck that has specialty tools, an extra clutch, electrical system and a carb in it.

For the track portion I keep a few extra side plate bolts, a couple of the plastic idler sprockets and a chain long enough to go around either place needed and a small tusk chain breaker and a master...thats about it. I have all of those things jammed into the timbersled tunnelbox, it fits so tight the washing machine is unable to hit the spin cycle and everything stays in place. All my tools and little parts for the bike are in little pouches I just transfer back and forth from the snowbike to the dirtbike camelback. Like I said I do all my maintenance and repairs with these tools only, even though there is a gigantic roll around box in both garages. By using these tools I know they are there and in working condition because they do get moist when they are in the Timbersled box. I usually open the timbersled box and unzip the pouches after a ride and let everything dry out. I end up needing to oil some of the tools once in a while to keep everything moving. I really only carry 1/4" drive sockets, I am a big guy, pretty strong and I find I can overtorque everything even with 1/4 drive.

Premium Features