• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage trailer heater

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
I just ordered a Mirage Teton Sport trailer with a 40K BTU furnace. I am told that this furnace has a pilot light. My question is does anyone have a Mirage with this heater and does it really have a pilot light instead of electronic ignition? Makes no sense to me this day and age to still be using a pilot light. And if it really has a pilot light can you run the furnace when towing?

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Admin or Moderators could you move this to the correct place? I posted it wrong. Meant to put this in truck and trailers. Thanks.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I just ordered a Mirage Teton Sport trailer with a 40K BTU furnace. I am told that this furnace has a pilot light. My question is does anyone have a Mirage with this heater and does it really have a pilot light instead of electronic ignition? Makes no sense to me this day and age to still be using a pilot light. And if it really has a pilot light can you run the furnace when towing?

I have 2 furnaces in my trailer. Forced air where it draws air from an external vent and a convection heater. A convection heater typically has a pilot light. Convection heater uses air inside the trailer for combustion.

Bottom is a convection heater and has a pilot light.

00V0V_jIiqpAa92RR_1200x900_zpsurqubdh6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Premium Features