• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

break in period?

can someone clarify for me again, were suppose to leave it at ETHanol setting?
even tho im using regular 91 gas with VES mix.

or run 91 octane setting with VES.

break in is a ful tank of gas? gonna take this badboy out this weekend

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Ethanol setting means a richer fuel mixture. I think that EPA mandates require sleds to run too lean, particularly, at the mid-range power/rpm settings. I use ethanol regardless of fuel type to be safe and if you have an aftermarket can, then ethanol with regular fuel would work best. If not, put 20-30 hours on engine before switching to non-ethanol with non-ethanol fuel to get maximum performance from engine.

T

trestlecreek

Sep 19, 2010
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but a thought crossed my mind. I can understand that the ethanol setting richens the fuel, but it doesnt richen the oil. SO everyone knows these polaris pro's drink very little oil, but by richening up the fuel say 2-5% we are actually diluting the oil mixture...???... Maybe my thought process is off today, just like yesterday, and the day before.... Anyone have an idea on this?

T

trestlecreek

Sep 19, 2010
After thinking about this, maybe the ethanol setting doesnt add more fuel, but retards the timing.... therefore not diluting the oil mixture rate......

Premium Features