• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

******Arctic cat m6 turbo ?!? ***

A
Dec 2, 2012
Ok.. I really need some opinions I have a chance to buy a 2008 arctic cat m6 With a Twisted turbo ?? he was running 12 psi . what does that convert to HP? should I buy it ... OR ?? HELP !:face-icon-small-dis

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Call Shane at twisted. I hear he is good help. Post back on here with what you find out. Not sure if it would be the same figure for a 600 compared to a 800. I've heard 10 HP per psi of boost on a 800. But don't count the first 3 psi. So----- 12 psi-3 psi= 9 psi which is around another 90hp over a factory HP rating. Like I said. That was a ball park figure for a 800. Not sure if its the same for a 600.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
a 6 on 12# with a twisted kit, which is a nice setup, should be in the range of 180~200hp at elevation, thats gonna be a fast sled assuming its tuned/clutched close.

I helped a local fellow tune in a boosted m6 on 12# and i was definately impressed with the pull it had for being such a small motor.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I would of definitely given it to you.

Is it a PG or RG setup, also what fuel was he running at 12 psi, i'm assuming 110 octane unless at high altitude 9K and above. if it's a RG setup with dual injectors it's probably up to 190-200HP on RG. at 12 PSI. I love my Twisted Turbo, I had some issues keeping the front end down, it was always 3+ feet in the air, and wanted to ping pong off stuff when climbing. but my Kmod fixed that.
for comparison sake my Twisted M8 is 240HP at 10psi on pure avgas, 260HP at 12 psi on 110 octane, and about 275 HP at 14 PSI on 114 octane

Last edited:

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
sure ask him

is it a dual injector setup, what altitude was he running 12 psi at, is it a adjustable boost actuator, who installed the big bore and a Booniekit, how old is the kit. what fuel controller does it have, guessing attitude box, but u never know. instal is everything, My sled was done in Twisted's shop by Stainger himself. it took a little getting used to on my part to learn how to tune using an AFR gauge, I've always been an EGT, and piston wash kind of guy running big bores, and NOS, Now I'm addicted to boost. My first turbo was a big bore turbo sled. Boondocker's very own Demo sled with a D&D 901 big bore and a Boonie Turbo, I paid big bucks for it, they could not give me any tuning support, or any help with it. a big POS. My Twisted has been awesome, after a slight learning curve on tuning. Sled has been completely trouble Free. Shain Stainger has always answered the phone, and was happy to answer my concerns and was always happy to do so. That goes a long way in my book.

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
used to be a fella on here that had a 600 turbo'ed...I think his handle was Jonce..??..anyway it sure seemed sweet in the vids and that was around 2007 that he had it rigged ...

mk2g60

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, NH
www.shock-tech.com
i'm running a ovs rg and clutching is tricky on a 600. it will make a lot of power up in the revs but there's not much torque on the bottom. i'm using mds weighs still fine tuning them. also 600 is very hard on reeds over 12 lbs. i've shattered every reed set up and even reed cages when going 12-22 lbs, 12 and under zero issues so far.

mk2g60

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, NH
www.shock-tech.com
What reeds and cages are you using? What clutching?

Right now stock cages w/ stacked m7 reeds & OVS stops. I've run boyesen turbo reeds even had boyesen make a custom set didn't hold up broke stacked 800 reeds also. Clutching MDS weights think they are at 78-79g DD spring, secondary orange spring & straight helix forget what angle.

Premium Features