• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yeti guys help please

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I have an 18 KTM SX450 and a 19 129SS
What is everyone using for a strut length
On the soft strut, the web site says 10.875
But that’s for a 16? They don’t list any newer
Bikes or kits, what’s the solid strut length and
The RSS. Length? I have the soft strut, have
heard 11.25 as the correct set up?

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Not much for current instructions from Yeti:face-icon-small-fro

Set it up with the track flat on the ground. The soft strut will have only a few threads left. This will be a good starting point. Sorry mine is installed and I cant get a good measurement.:face-icon-small-coo

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Yes call... Or have the dealer call... I was sent the wrong size for my yz250 I don't know if it was a yeti or dealer mistake... But mine should have been shorter. Yeti should be able to tell you...as far as the set up gos for sure go with the above because many times the measurements that are given do not give you a nice flat stance so you have to adjust... That is what I have found....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

P
Nov 29, 2016
I have this Bike/ track combo and had the same Q when i installed my soft strut. i ended up with 10.125 inch. the suggested 11+ inches is way too long

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
That should work, I was told to set it so the track was absolutely flat on the ground. My 18 was that way last year and I did not change it.Setting the 19 kit up the same way. If I get bored I might play with that and the suspension to try and find that perfect trail setup. But I was happy with the way it worked last year. Icy trails are what they are on any kit:face-icon-small-fro

Last edited:
Premium Features