• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 2018 SilberTurbo - negative review

dansvan

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2011
Multiple brands. Multiple programmers/controllers. One carb'd 800XP. Group I ride with are gearheads, DIYselfers. Yes they are all pull and ride. Air is air, barometric pressure is barometric pressure. Biggest difference is we run larger turbos per application than high altitude kits. Nothing to argue about, maybe we"ll run into each other sometime. You can take a peak at some elusive AK turbo 2strokes.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
a few things ALL turbo 850 guys need to address...

spark plug gap- tighten to .024"...
intake boots/couplers- use a thin film of silicon or better clamps to minimize boost leaks...
silber- 3 psi spring needs 1 coil clipped off to get 4 psi at 1000' elevation- wasnt a fuel issue, just over boost...
fuel supply- have had a few fuel pick up screens "stuck" to bottom of fuel tank...
venting- ALL need extra extra extra venting since the turbo makes even MORE under hood heat than stock...
THEN you can move to clutching/gearing-:face-icon-small-coo-BJ

L
Mar 8, 2008
Thanks BJ for for helpful information, just a quick question regarding the overboost issue.
We definatly saw some higher boost levels than expected with the 3 psi spring but I would expect the mapping to add fuel to correct the high AFR numbers we got? I get that detonation would still be an issue with pump fuel at close to sea level with to much boost but we saw AFR numbers when the sled got to operating temp at 15-1 and 16-1.
When stock the sled runs without issues.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Thanks BJ for for helpful information, just a quick question regarding the overboost issue.
We definatly saw some higher boost levels than expected with the 3 psi spring but I would expect the mapping to add fuel to correct the high AFR numbers we got? I get that detonation would still be an issue with pump fuel at close to sea level with to much boost but we saw AFR numbers when the sled got to operating temp at 15-1 and 16-1.
When stock the sled runs without issues.

As BJ said - check and make sure your fuel system is able to operate at 100%. My guess is with overboost + sea level your injectors are maxing out. That's why you are going lean.

venom1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ft mac,alberta
So what causes these fuel tank pickup screens to stick to the bottom of tank. Are we talking sleds with a few miles on them brand new sleds. What's the issue here.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Flydanner

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2018
You just proved my point Terry. I ride 50 times a year and only put about 900 miles on my sleds. If I rode 30 miles of trails to ride every time that's 1500 miles of trails. I'll come ride with you next year. Maybe I can show you a short cut so you don't have to burn 8 gallons of gas to ride trees :eyebrows:

You ride 900 miles a year broke in to 50 rides??? So 18 miles a day, I don't think you ride as hard as you think you do.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
a few things ALL turbo 850 guys need to address...

spark plug gap- tighten to .024"...
intake boots/couplers- use a thin film of silicon or better clamps to minimize boost leaks...
BJ

I was out with a buddy in his 850 silber turbo and we kept blowing the pto intake air box boot. Is anyone else having this issue?
Any recommendations to fix this?
Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
My buddies have gone thru 4 airboxes. They finally put on bryces blow off valve and problem solved. Call force turbos and ask for Bryce

Premium Features