• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PERC light always on

Batwolf

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2017
Vail, CO
Hey fellas, new to the forum, and Polaris.
Picked up a 2005 switchback turned RMK near the end of last season. The ole 800 Liberty has 3400 miles on it, and basically got the full monty most of you are already familiar with at 2100. Anyway, getting to my issue, my PERC light is on all the time. I've had the sled out for three rides since I've owned it and reverse works well and exactly as it should aside from the light. Wiring looks good and the switch seems good also. I'm at least familiar enough with what the stock bars and switch set up would've been, and it's clear a RMK pro PERC switch in use. That said I figure the light has something to do with how the new PERC switch works with the older electronics of this model. Has anyone seen this before or have any insight on what else I should look at? Suppose it could be a difference in resistance loads from the old switch to the new? I do not have a wiring diagram to look at the signaling..

IMG_3704.jpg IMG_1011.JPG

Last edited:

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
The stock switch makes a momentary contact closure when pushed to trigger the CDI and when released the contacts open. Does your new switch close the contact when pushed or does it open the contact when pushed? If it is a contact closure like the original then your problem lies elsewhere.
I have attached the wiring diagram for your sled. You will see the reverse light is turned on by a ground on the white lead from pin 9 of the CDI. The reverse switch puts a momentary ground on the grey lead on pin 22 of the CDI when pushed.

Batwolf

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2017
Vail, CO
Excellent information- thank you!
I'll check a few thing out this weekend and see what I find. I'm willing to put money on it being related to this.

Premium Features