• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Increasing Your IQ

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
This is going to be a work in progress and probably ever changing. Here you will find links to info on some of the more commonly asked questions. You will also find product info with links to the corresponding threads.
Please just PM me with any comments and/or suggestions.

Fuel Controllers:
>>>Official Power Commander V Thread<<< Polaris 800 C.F.I.'s,thread started by harrysmith500

2010 DRAGON 800 DYNOTEST Stock & PC-5, thread started by Kraven

Auto Tune on the Power Commander 5 (PC-V), thread started by Kraven

Photo Gallery:
Show us pics of your IQ, thread started by ne1cadrgn

Clutching:
Polaris P85 Drive Clutch, thread started by Ron

Question for Those Who Clutched Their D-8's, thread started by AKSNOWRIDER

TEAM Tied Clutch Conversion Spreadsheet, thread started by www.team-ind.com

Clutch Alignment..CFI Small Blocks in IQ's, thread started by Kraven

Suspension:
Help Understanding Rear Suspension in Deep Snow, thread started by craigvansickle

Upgrade and Info 2009 Dragon Walker Evans "Air" Shock Changes, thread started by mountainhorse

Running Boards:
Dragon & RMK 08-10 Wide Running Board Kit, thread started by VAN AMBURG ENT

Boards vs Eliminators, thread started by Senior Dragon

Dragon Feethooker are here! Foot Board Traction, thread started by meathooker

WRP Wide Boards are installed. I'm More than Impressed, thread started by sleadhead ut

Better Boards Installation, thread started by jim9006

Gearing:
We Need A Sticky for Gearing, thread started by MOWER800

Electrical:
Info on CFI Sleds Chassis Power Connectors, Relays and Grounds, thread started by mountainhorse.

TPS Checker and Setting Tool, thread started by 05900

07 Dragon 700 Stator Failure????, thread started by MTN Tamer

Adding additional grounding wires, thread started by xc6rider

Priming the Fuel Pump on Polaris CFI - Mountainhorse

Tech Tips:
TECH TIPS 600/700/800 CFI's Free Mods and Best Bang for the Buck, thread started by Kraven.

Cleaning Exhaust Valves, how to, thread started by mountainhorse

Last edited by a moderator:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
great idea monte....one place where guys can find the answer(thread) to their questions......:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
This Thread is only as good as we make it...

If you find something that you found helpfull on the forums... Take a moment to read this... Type a line about what was answered in the thread and make a link to it.

This is to be a NO COMMENTS short cut to other posts with what you feel is valuable information related to maintenance, operation and aftermarket parts available for these sleds.

Please do not post up ANY comments on this thread.

Also, please occasionally "TTT" the threads that are linked to if you access them so that they do not get deleted by the system after a certain time.

If you find an interesting IQ-RMK thread on another forum or website... please feel free to post up a link on this thread.

This will keep the search process to a minimum and not require people to ask questions that have already been answered.

The format that I want to use is simple....

1) 1 line description of the thread
2) Link to the thread

Please DO NOT cut/paste contents of the other posts on this thread

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Fuel Injector leak down test?

Can anyone describe the process to check the injectors to determine if we have none,1,2,3 or 4 injectors leaking down, causing a rich running condition?? Have a 2009 D8 and it runs rich lo and mid range and always has, and very low idle so a reverse issue. I have done the TPS calib, so am sure about that and it was recently flashed with the 09 map for the blue injectors that are on the engine. The engine has SLP Pipe, Can, Stage 3 heads. Just looking for answers and thought I might have an injector leaking, still trying troubleshooting, one item at a time!

gtwitch in wyoming

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Have answered my questions and built a process to test the 4 injectors while in the sled by fireing each one while looking with mirror and light with the pump powered up and then tiiming the leak down upon pump shutoff and the leakdown was less than 1 psi/min (actually 15psi in 22 min). Engine runs fine now and we are putting the PCV on and on to the map mods now.

gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features