• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 BD RG turbo M8

C
Jan 2, 2008
Meridian, ID
07 BD RG turbo M8, currently running 100% racegas at 9 lbs boost. Also using the 2011 BD EBC. Sled runs great except when i ride the trail for a short distance then try to make a climb right off of the trail. It is ok on bottom end and mid range, but wide open it bogs and seems to dump the right side cylinder (EGT's are half of what the left cylinder are). Come back to the trail and open it up and it clears right up. Also, no probs whatsoever if I'm boondocking, or hillclimbing, only when getting immediately off of the trail and try to hammer it. I'm also only getting about 45 miles to a tank of fuel, is that normal?

My right side (if you are sitting on the sled) EGT's are always lower than the left, but only by 50-100 degrees, is this normal? My buddies sleds are the opposite, left lower than right.

Also, any suggestions on max EGT temps, I've heard so many different opinions.

Anyone have any suggestions or hints?

Thanks

M

m8lovin

Aug 29, 2010
vernon bc
Throw a set of plugs in it just too try if you havnt already. What elevation are you riding because you could probably mix some pump in your fuel only running 9# depending on elevation. As for mileage i burnt a full tank plus 5 gallons of fuel yesterday on my twisted 07 m8 in about 50 miles, it was deep powder tho

C
Jan 2, 2008
Meridian, ID
I replaced the plugs on my last ride, and no improvement, although i have seen some posts on here since then recommending to close gap up to .18 Maybe I'll try that this weekend. Thanks for the hints!

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Where do your secondary injectors mount? I found with mine when they were in the airbox i would get extra fuel building up in the bottom of the box until you opened the motor up to suck all the fuel through. At least that is what it seemed like. I bought the cutler dual injector body and the response was better and the loading up went away. Also if you a spraying extra fuel into an airbox, it is pretty hard to get precise fueling in each cylinder if they are drawing from a common chamber.

Last edited:
R
Dec 1, 2010
BD RG turbo M8 turbo cutting out on boost

ok so went out today on my 07 M8 BD RG turbo new plugs gapped at .018 per junior at BD and psi L #'s 14,31,45 and psi H #'s 12,29,44 OS set at 20 and CR set at 21 per junior @ BD. my capture after i cleared it a few times showed 9.5 psi @ 255 degrees????? we are riding at 6,000 to 7,000 feet and its really loaded up trying to take off then clears up and then i come off boost and go to get back on it and it falls on its face??? iadded some more fuel to psiL and PSI H and it seems to have helped but still doing it my AFR guage was reading like 9.5 to 10 so i thought ok way too fat and pulled the #'s back to BD's new starting #'s and took some fuel away and it seemed better EGT's were 1250 all day????????????? anybody got any ideas for me???
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP

Last edited:
Premium Features