• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sinister 509 Goggles???

T

Toddstud2003

Nov 27, 2007
Denver,Colorado
Need some feedback on these goggles. I have alot good things . I just want to get the opinion of some people who actually have used them.
Do they fog up at all in the deep powder riding? How well do they fit in the helmets. i have a Fulmer helmet.
Any input would be great
Thanks guys!

T
Nov 26, 2007
Ronald, WA.
I have 2 pair. Converted them both to quick straps. They will fog a little when stopped but clear up instantly when moving. They fit great. I like them very much. Only thing I would like to see is a nose guard of some type on those real cold days, but the balaclava seems to help with that

F

freak58trio

Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Washington
I have 2 pairs and think there great way more air flow than any other goggle i've used . The only issue i've seen with them is a friend has a pair and the lenses have scratched from wiping them off but i guess that is to be expected from a mirrored lens.

H
Dec 2, 2007
Orlando
Worked well with my Shoei also...a little fogging when stopped or when I was panting like a race horse after a deep stuck. I thought they worked great. I agree on the nose gaurd on the cold cold rides.

O

Ore-sno

Dec 14, 2007
Northeast Oregon
I like mine, but agree with T/A a little cold on those deep and cold days. A little more foam for better seal only compaint,or maybe its just my fat head?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Good pair of goggles. Fogging is minimal, visibility is good, but don't buy them if you plan on using them with the Klim F4 helmet. Too small for that helmet and you wind up freezing your face off ...

D
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I use them with Quick Straps on my HJC helmet. Good goggles. Lots of air flow so fogging is minimal when moving. All the air flow might get a little cold on the face if the outside temps were really low but I've had no issues in the mountains.

T

Toddstud2003

Nov 27, 2007
Denver,Colorado
Thanks for all the input guys. i think i just might have to me some. how are the crome lens that comes with them. Do i need to to get some different color lenses,like the orange ones?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Wenatchee, Wa
The goggles are great and the service is great too. The standard lens that comes with the goggles works pretty well, have used it for both sunny days and night rides without any issues.

T

Toddstud2003

Nov 27, 2007
Denver,Colorado
Cool, Thanks. I'm also looking at the Scott Voltage x Thermal goggles with a snow gaurd. looks pretty good to. About the same price. A little cheaper than the Sinister 509. Has anyone tried the scotts. let me know
thanks again everyone!!

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
You spoke, we've listened. We're currently developing a v2 goggle that has thicker foam that also extends past the frame (bigger footprint) and also developing a large roost shield that will not only cover your nose, but extend across the commonly exposed areas below the goggle. And also we are developing an entirely new quick release strap system that will all but do away with the traditional systems. Stay tuned. We'll kick some free product around for people to test when these changes are market ready.

Premium Features