• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowbike Nitrous Kits

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
A 2.5lb bottle will easily last you an entire day... maybe 2 depending on how you use it. If you are on the button every chance you get the 2.5 will be empty to near empty at the end of the day. If you use it only when you really need it I've had it last me two full days.

Costs me around $12-$15 to fill a 2.5lb bottle up.

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
Looks like a very nice kit! I will keep this in mind for my next snowbike project.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
A 2.5lb bottle will easily last you an entire day... maybe 2 depending on how you use it. If you are on the button every chance you get the 2.5 will be empty to near empty at the end of the day. If you use it only when you really need it I've had it last me two full days.

Exact same findings we have, reality is 2 rides is about a full bottle. You can go through a full 2.5# in a day, but you have to be on the button fairly aggressively.

Is this a liquid nitrous system? Will you have carbon bottles? Plug and play for most EFI Bikes?
Thanks

Yes, injecting liquid nitrous. We are currently only offering them in aluminum bottles The composite bottles are far more expensive and minimally lighter, and also require a full new set of mounting rings. Just trying to keep things simple and get them out there right now!

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
What about a carbed bike? Or do you only have options for EFI bike?
Only options for EFI, we wanted to make this kit as fool proof as possible and doing carbed kits thats a lot more complicated. With the closed loop fuel controller we can ensure proper running no matter bottle pressure, nitrous jetting, etc. Very hard to mess it up.

W
Aug 23, 2013
Is there the option of not buying the included mount? I would want to mount the bottle on the forks above the front fender so I could also run it in the summer time.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We are seeing stock like reliability out of the bikes with the addition of the nitrous. The reality is you are only using the added power a very short amount of the actual ride time. Things like proper oil change intervals seem to play a larger factor in bike reliability over time. We also have a number of saftey features built into it to help prevent users from using the nitrous at too low of RPM, etc, and damaging their motor.

It obviously varies with elevation but the reality is for most of us at higher elevations, the power levels we are adding are not pushing the bike far past the sea level HP levels. So the reality is your not pushing the bike as hard as it seems.

Ex - 2016 stock KTM 450. 60 hp at sea level. @ 10k your down 30%, or 42HP. now add a 20HP shot of nitrous. When your on the button, only 2hp more then the bike is stock at sea level.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
We are seeing stock like reliability out of the bikes with the addition of the nitrous. The reality is you are only using the added power a very short amount of the actual ride time. Things like proper oil change intervals seem to play a larger factor in bike reliability over time. We also have a number of saftey features built into it to help prevent users from using the nitrous at too low of RPM, etc, and damaging their motor.

It obviously varies with elevation but the reality is for most of us at higher elevations, the power levels we are adding are not pushing the bike far past the sea level HP levels. So the reality is your not pushing the bike as hard as it seems.

Ex - 2016 stock KTM 450. 60 hp at sea level. @ 10k your down 30%, or 42HP. now add a 20HP shot of nitrous. When your on the button, only 2hp more then the bike is stock at sea level.

Pretty much like the sled kits then. Don't be on the gas at low elevation.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Your making me want one. Hum nitrous or rekluse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rekluse isn't really very worth the $$ in the winter IMO, in the dirt they kick *** but I really have never felt the need in the snow. If I had the money for one or the other I wouldn't be installing a clutch :)

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
Rekluse isn't really very worth the $$ in the winter IMO, in the dirt they kick *** but I really have never felt the need in the snow. If I had the money for one or the other I wouldn't be installing a clutch :)

Wheel House you can't put a price tag on fun. At least that is what I tell my wife.:face-icon-small-ton

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
How often does the battery system need charging on the batteryless efi bikes? Have any of the fi bikes performed better then others with your kit?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
I will try to better explain, the battery pack is constantly charged off the bike. There is a little spare wattage from the stock stator which keeps it fully charged so you will never need to take it off and charge.

What we ran into is the draw of the button spikes a little higher then the stock batteryless efi bikes can handle so the small battery pack acts as a buffer for the charging system so everything operates smoothly when on and off the button.

Premium Features